Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which classes (still) require boosting?

Archer
11%
Assassin
27%
Barbarian
12%
Knight
13%
Priest
6%
Ranger
10%
Warrior
20%

Total votes: 99

Garr Growen

Re: Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

Post by Garr Growen »

Barbarians have ridiculous AR why cant they be given chains atleast?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

175 base str + 100 tactics + 85 healing?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Glarundis wrote:175 base str + 100 tactics + 85 healing?
85 healing starts to fail redicilously at 130 HP on a Barbarian
30-40 AR (is what common barbs have) gives us no edge in having "high survivability" due to the drastic elemental/dmg NPC system.

People have been wondering why i die a lot, it's because of the sole reason the elemental system was implemented but nothing has been changed in the class system and the low-end armor fighters have suffered a lot.

Ranger has gotten full plates/max str increase -> great boost to make the Ranger playable.
Mage -> statcap/str boost which increased their survivability and high channeling ability.

Many more updates have been done by the current Staff.

But Barbarians have recieved the highest kick from that without getting anything since Barbarians rely on Armament, but nowhere near their STR as it works exactly the same as any other STR on other class/boost.

So please, if you're telling that Barbarians are OP - then they are supposedly OP only because of Armament, nothing else.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Armament works to the same for any class. Making it only a Barbarian thing makes no sense at all. It doesn't matter if you're an Archer, a Barbarian or a Warrior. The gain is always the same.

As for chain tunic, I have nothing against it. We're not enforcing it from staff side, but if there's enough support from player side it can be looked into.

As for Warriors, there's no need to boost the regen from all the data received so far. It seems to be a solid class. Similar to Barbarian with more protection and a nifty regeneration.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Zaradon wrote:
Glarundis wrote:175 base str + 100 tactics + 85 healing?
85 healing starts to fail redicilously at 130 HP on a Barbarian
30-40 AR (is what common barbs have) gives us no edge in having "high survivability" due to the drastic elemental/dmg NPC system.

People have been wondering why i die a lot, it's because of the sole reason the elemental system was implemented but nothing has been changed in the class system and the low-end armor fighters have suffered a lot.

Ranger has gotten full plates/max str increase -> great boost to make the Ranger playable.
Mage -> statcap/str boost which increased their survivability and high channeling ability.

Many more updates have been done by the current Staff.

But Barbarians have recieved the highest kick from that without getting anything since Barbarians rely on Armament, but nowhere near their STR as it works exactly the same as any other STR on other class/boost.

So please, if you're telling that Barbarians are OP - then they are supposedly OP only because of Armament, nothing else.
They're not OP, they're fine. I have no problems surviving on my barbarian even with this drastic elemental/dmg npc system.
Your unblessed barbarian will deal more damage than an unblessed warrior
Your blessed barbarian will deal more damage than a blessed warrior
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Zaradon wrote:People have been wondering why i die a lot, it's because of the sole reason the elemental system was implemented but nothing has been changed in the class system and the low-end armor fighters have suffered a lot.
Sorry but that claim is just wrong and illogical.
  • 1. Before the elemental system AR had more value than it has now.
    2. If the AR had more value, classes with high AR were significantly better than those with low AR.
    3. With the elemental system introduced the AR doesn't play so big role anymore.
    4. The cap between high AR and low AR users narrowed down.
So, your barbarian should now be better compared to high AR users than it was before the elemental system.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Monad wrote: 3. With the elemental system introduced the AR doesn't play so big role anymore.
4. The cap between high AR and low AR users narrowed down.[/list]

Lets try to look at that fact from a different angle.

Lets say, i'm using a Dupres shield and a 1 handed weapon before Ele-system - vs ice skeleton.

* Ice skeleton was hitting me only with physical dmg and i had a bright chance to parry his attack, thus granting me immunity to any incoming dmg regardless to what AR i had.

Be it a shield or not, i only recieved physical (melee) dmg from mobs, but the higher AR i had the less dmg i recieved.

Same thing with during Elemental protection vs - ice skeleton.

* Ice skeleton was hitting me with dupres shield, be it that i parry - the elemental dmg goes always trough parrying, which gives me the "your fingers slip" which increases the chance to fail in healing.

* Without a shield, i might even have high AR, but if use appropriate armors vs. given element i will still get the elemental dmg but in a smaller scaling, i will still get the "Your fingers slip" message from ELEMENTAL dmg.

Now.

Elaborate how 85 healing and 175 STR combo is "fine" ?
Some players here really think too good of themself by having a Barbarian for 3 months, not 6+ years.

The more often you get the "Your fingers slip" message, the higher chance you have to fail in healing yourself.
Given argument, i think the elemental armors should completely negate the incoming elemental dmg by XX%, which would remove the extra "Your fingers slip" chances vs. melee attacks. Not only that, but Reactive armors + 50 *insert element* protective studded/bone armors should completely negate incoming elemental dmg from melee hits with a Reactive Armor combo, wasn't parrying meant to protect?
Wasn't Reactive Armor supposed to protect vs. melee hits?

If so, then why doesn't Parry deflect elements?
If so, then why doesn't Reactive Armor deflect elements?

So, before elemental system it was;
Physical melee/Spells - Increase to healing failure

With the elemental system;
Physical melee/Spells/Elements - Increase to healing failure

I am not making any of you bad, im trying to help and make you see trough problems and different angles.
Im not blaming any of you either for not being able to express my points, but i also expect the accurate attitude.

Now with all that "irrelevant" text above, don't bother to flame or look at me like a jerkoff.
Its your own issue for not pushing yourself to understand about something, but the puzzle doesn't match in my eyes, thus the flaws in economy aswell.
Last edited by Zaradon on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I can make it very simple for you Zara, does failing healing as a baba suck becouse you got 85 and 200+ str, yes it does but do the 200-400 hits make up for it? HELL YES.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

also if you need to heal, and your fingers are slipping there is an easy solution.. circle or move away from monsters. you also have 100 camping etc. most monsters cant just be plowed through without running away to heal occasionally. make use of your resources to mitigate your weaknesses
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Quintoz wrote: yes it does but do the 200-400 hits make up for it?

Now lets try another angle from this one again.

Priest (Scepter) vs Barbarian (Maul).

Stats

Baba common stats > 175/70/25 + Barbarian wins here due to his survivability
Priest common stats > 105/75/70 + Priest wins here due to his swing speed

That's a raw setup of two classes.

Ofcourse, i would not be comparing religion classes to non-religion classes but i'll give you a small overview of my thoughts.
But that's not the big deal because i'm only comparing 2 classes and their dmg output mainly.

Baba > maul skill req. - 100 * Decent dmg, slow hit.
Priest > scepter skill req. - 91 * Low dmg, fast hit.

Now, as written above i've compared the speed/dmg of two weapons/classes.

Combinations of blesses/potions and so on, forth.
If we add Tome to the Priest it will be obvious that the Priest hit will be far better than the Barbarian's.

Why? Barbarian's will be deadblasted in PvM vs. casters where's Priests have a safe haven with 100 resist/130 dex combination. They have the better edge to frizzle the casted spells due to faster hitting and better accuracy (scepter = 91 skillreq) Where Barbarians suffer under 100 (unfairly low accuracy) along with very slow hitting speed, giving the casters tonloads of time.

I can go on with the details if you want more.