Armament

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Do you think that non-piety fighters benefit from Amament too much in religions?

Yes its unfair, magicusers need something aswell.
No votes
No, it's all fine.
65%
I dont care since i dont have a religious character.
15%
Disable Armament from non-piety classes in religions.
19%

Total votes: 26

Zaradon

Re: Armament

Post by Zaradon »

Lets try it from the RP aspect.

A barbarian joins a religion "Oh fine, i could use some religious benefits for _I_AM_ giving my full support for the religion"

A druid/necro/mage "Oh, i will join a religion but i will have to face religious dmg from my enemy, but my magic (as special class ability) wont get any benefit from my god!"

That's one thing among others.

I personally dont understand of why is the staff favoring religions so much when there are only; Knight, Ranger, Priest, Monk as the original piety holders. And if you ask me, it would give more variance to the entire shard if the Armament was tied to piety classes.

Religious classes would be more in religions.
Non-religious classes would be more in guilds (soon factions?)

I've already given more reasons of why Armament should be restricted to piety classes.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Boosting magic users? I doubt anyone wants to boost necros codex :>. So lets just boost druid/mage and leave necro out?
Mike

Post by Mike »

I doubt there would be much movement toward guilds from such a change. More likely, people would switch classes to be able to play with their friends in religions.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

So, instead of figuring out something completely new. We can easily disable the use of Armament from non-piety religion classes which makes not much sense as it only affects directly the meelee classes.

After doing that, we can truly see how much the barbarian sucks.

Dont take Ivan as one example, he is good. I can do some dmg in PvP aswell but it would cost me 3x more than it does to the piety classes.

It's KISS and fair for everyone. I mean, who would want to fight a fully blessed Barbarian on his ancient 60p priest?

The barb doesn't even diserve the Armament since he can't use a tome - Yet, he slightly overpowers a Headpriest.

Logic?

EDIT; Added a new Poll option "Disable Armament from Non-piety classes"
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Zaradon wrote:Lets try it from the RP aspect.
You tried this on the common religion forum and were shot down.
Zaradon wrote: I personally dont understand of why is the staff favoring religions so much when there are only; Knight, Ranger, Priest, Monk as the original piety holders. And if you ask me, it would give more variance to the entire shard if the Armament was tied to piety classes.
How would a restriction add to more variety? Nature and Law are filled with priests simply because they're so good. In tekstone we have less priests and more of other classes, that's variety for you.
Zaradon wrote: Religious classes would be more in religions.
They already are...
Zaradon wrote: Non-religious classes would be more in guilds (soon factions?)
Perhaps, but they'd still be inferior to religions. People who want to go for factions/guilds already go to factions/guilds, restricting armament for piety users would more than likely result in more people switching to a piety user instead of joining a guild/faction, and that results in LESS variety.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Zaradon wrote:I mean, who would want to fight a fully blessed Barbarian on his ancient 60p priest?

The barb doesn't even diserve the Armament since he can't use a tome - Yet, he slightly overpowers a Headpriest.
Well I don't know about you man, but I'm (often) a 60 piety blessed barbarian and I stand no chance against Zarek. I don't know where you're basing this claim on.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The current system is as straight-forward as possible. No one's forcing a non-religious character to enter a religious PvP scene. If you can't compete with them, join them.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:If you can't compete with them, join them.

- Boris

If the class has no chance in weilding religious canon, then why should the non-piety fighters (Be it Archer or Barb) benefit from them more than Mage/Druid/Necro/Bard?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

They... don't?

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Oh boy, it's just going nowhere.

Sooner or later, someone will bring this up again.

Else, i'm done.

Thanks for the feedback and "support"