Armament

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Do you think that non-piety fighters benefit from Amament too much in religions?

Yes its unfair, magicusers need something aswell.
No votes
No, it's all fine.
65%
I dont care since i dont have a religious character.
15%
Disable Armament from non-piety classes in religions.
19%

Total votes: 26

Mike

Re: Armament

Post by Mike »

Zaradon wrote:Oh boy, it's just going nowhere.

Sooner or later, someone will bring this up again.

Else, i'm done.

Thanks for the feedback and "support"
EDIT: Nevermind, not constructive.
Last edited by Mike on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Mike wrote:
Zaradon wrote:Oh boy, it's just going nowhere.

Sooner or later, someone will bring this up again.

Else, i'm done.

Thanks for the feedback and "support"
Stop acting butthurt when people point out that your idea basically forces more classes out of the PvP scene.
+1
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Zaradon wrote:Sooner or later, someone will bring this up again.
Atleast we can direct him/her to this thread without typing everything twice.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Sadly there is no pvp outside or outcluding religions, they are always involved due they are strongest stuff on pangaea. Largest player amounts, strongest characters.

I chose not to join into a religion and im fine with that choice. I can manage but its sure as hell none of the non-religious characters will ever be even close as good as any of the properly trained and geared religious.

I can tell you, it sucks a lot to be non-religious and be fighting with all these religious fellas. Piety alone with all the rites just makes too much difference. Also nowdays barbarian is left into shadow of warrior aswell as 40p knight and ranger.

Today hardest hits come from ranger and warrior, or perhaps they have always come from those two classes.

And fyi halberd damage range is horrible, totaly horrible... vanq halberd deals 60-100 dmg mostly, crits though go always over 120 but they are rare with that attack speed. I've gotten 160 dmg hits from Zarek who uses sceptor and attack speed is totaly different class, but then again "you should not compare on HP" is the usual line you guys will say.

IMO this game just would be way more enjoyable if all characters religious, or not religious would stand on even ground without advantages like piety. I just dont see any point in any of this, if its to prevent robbers being too op why not to include somekind of damage curse into .robber tag (10% extra dmg from everything?) etc.

Im not talking about stuff like malleus, veritas and suchs here. I mean basics AR, dps perhaps even include paralyze. (fyi hp in dskull armour fully blessed, i have no chance to kill suchs thing with any weapon most likely even if he would sit still. 100 heal, healing wands and gheals just regenerate too much compared to my damage output.)

So in a nutshell, i'd love to see religious chars having similiar dps when compared to non-religious chars aswell as AR. Rites alone give enough advantage.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

that would be a great day, when religions would be better than guilds just for those little extra rites. apart from that, it would be player numbers
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Magic users tend to make religion ally guild and the current system pretty much works. Only magic users that benefit from being in a religion are monk and bard. Mages, necros and druids should be in an ally guild. Thank g0d ... err.. thank me banishment was nerfed hardcore. It was my intent when I over-used it. Be in a religion, or religion ally guild and you generally need to lick a55. Get advantage for licking a55. A control mechanism. I would rather see people making up their own RP (points to Telborea for that, even tho the forum RP with pics was %&¤%&, tho I dunno if you guys were lolling while doing it, I think you were - the problem just was not many understood you were lolling if it was so).

Religion is good for barbarian, religion ally guild for mage, necro druid if you wanna lick a55 and have a brown tongue from cleaning someones scepter with more piety. If not, go without a guild, or form a guild that doesn't officially exist but it player made pact that "we are a guild" so no one can bounce you. Ally guild barbarian doesn't take religious armament damage and doesn't deal religious damage, so has more survivability but less punch. Also faster to go because no blesses are needed. Often things fail because people need to bless, bless and bless all the time.

Then again, maybe make mages/necros/druids malleening/veritas resistant if in a religion, depending on their magic resist (like 80% resist 40%, 100% resist 50%), because they take reli damage from weps and tend to be easy to kill.

Piety is a control mechanism that has been used to force people to do things they don't want to do. (but they chose their own path).

RUMOURS say that Imperial members were forced to fight, getting threats of piety drop if they don't, when they didn't want the robocop siege of almost whole felucca back then. Means, apparently you cannot even log a non reli alt or say that you have to take your dog to a walk without getting threats of piety drop. I suppose such doesn't exist anymore, tho, and that is good.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Nerfing people without piety in religions would only cause then to be even lamer than they are now. I personally loved being in Law without worrying of piety drop and taking advantages of armament. Would hate to just see priests, knights, and monks in the religion.