Covetous

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make Covetous (at least levels 1 and 2) newbie dungeon

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 49

Monad
Game Master

Covetous

Post by Monad »

If you guys think we need more newbie dungeon levels (compared to Despise), I think Covetous – at least the first two levels – would be the best place to do that. Why:
  • 1. Easy to "quit" after one or two levels. We could put levers to the areas between the dungeons.
    2. It's one of the less used dungeons at the moment anyway
    3. There is already Shame for example with pretty much the same level
So cast your vote.
Jyrgen

Re: Coveteus

Post by Jyrgen »

Would this mean lvl3 would get changed also?
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I'm interested to know before voting would the mobs change in 1 and 2?

And would 3 be boosted for the higher players or stay the same?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

3 would most likely change the same. Theme would stay the same on 1 and 2 too but just make it easier to match Despise somewhat.
We could probably even make an access straight from the beginning of lvl 1 to lvl 3 for the more experienced players who don't need to go through 1 and 2 but save them for the newbies. Dunno if that'll work but just a thought.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I would say change all levels, it is only used for mining spots and training chests really anyway. Level three is god awful (I believe I hear of as many people going to level three as I do people who hunt salos) and this would make a nice mid level dungeon for new players to hunt without worry of pvp or plague.
Last edited by Cruxis Bane on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

im all for it as long as it doesnt turn into ratmen/lizardmen. I just started playing a few weeks ago and i went there for something different and only the gazers, the mage dude, and troll shaman caused me trouble. The troll warriors/ettin/ogres had lots of health but they were pretty easy to kill and didnt do much damage. The variation was nice but i didnt attempt making it past the granites (they almost instakilled me).. id say replacing the casters with bone magicians would would have brought it down to noob level for the first part at least, cant say much more beyond that.

also, as a beginner i hunted in the mountain pass just east of britain a lot. lots of ettins, ogre lords, ratman, lizardmen, and a few spideys. Its not a dungeon but it was a fun change from despise, id recommend putting a lever there for noobs & possibly a healer. once i was a bit stronger i started clearing the swamp there in the same area and a healer would have really made things less frustrating. thats 2 areas in one spot for noobs, relatively close to britain. only problem is there are gargoyles just south and a black wisp in a cave. both instakilled me before i knew to stay away but i guess thats part of the game

edit: i think just a 1 way lever would be good to expose the area. Its not far so running back afterwards is good enough, i think if i got too used to teleporting everywhere it would suck when i realized how much running is involved in this game. so its basically just a lever, a sign telling you which way britain is, and possible a healer and you instantly have a new noob area. could even add signs for "Mountain Pass - Beginner" , "Swamp - Intermediate"
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Why not make _the entire_ dungeon a newbie one?

Add levers and mindblasting secrets for them newbies to gain more experience for higher tier dungeons of Pangnam.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I agree it may be more useful to make the whole dungeon newbie, if we were to take into account how many people have been into level 3 the past few years...it's been very small.

1 and 2 would be a step up from Despise level 3, so I see this as a positive for the newbies.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

I've hunted in lvl3, and I don't really think it's that bad. I kind of liked it even, though it has a bit too much crap at some points. I think the real reason why people never hunt in lvl3 is that ya got to run through lvl1-2. I guess lvl3 isn't anything spectacular atm anyway - I guess 2 well-trained chars could clear it I guess. But whole lvl2 and 3 give like over 140k money in total. Wouldn't say it's very crappy.

However you change Covetous lvl1-2, please, don't change it to something annoying. At least, make the loot match the annoyingness of killing things. I.e, no need to put damn troll shamans everywhere, which are annoying as hell to kill and give like 100 gp... Those magiccasters can be really hard for new players, and the loot just doesn't match the effort it needs from newbs to kill them.
Elu Daeron

Post by Elu Daeron »

Yeah would be happy too see another real newbie dungeon, and Covetous is the place to do it.

As for whether it's only levels 1 and 2 or all of them, I wouldn't mind either option. Though I will say that turning the whole dungeon would perhaps make more sense, and personally I wouldn't miss the last levels of Covetous :)