Covetous

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make Covetous (at least levels 1 and 2) newbie dungeon

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 49

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Coveteus

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I'd say for ease, just make the whole thing a newbie dungeon, that way there is no confusion. Not saying that there is but this would remove any doubt or question of any future trouble that could happen.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Ratmen/lizardmen level 1 -- bosses --(1 ratlord/lizard assassin)
Orcs level 2 --boss-- (1 orc king) (suggest minimal magic users but many normal orcs and orc dragon defenders)
Normal vampires level 3 -boss- (1 vampire lieutenant)

And if they're really brave, a vampire lord on the 4th part of the level!

Something like that for a noob dungeon?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I don't think it needs to be e newbie dungeon. Rather a dungeon for guys in their 80's-90's.

So keep it as it is from 1-2 (remove some high hitters if needed) and continue the same theme/level to lv3.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Cruxis Bane

Re: Covetous

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Yeah a decent mid level dungeon to go through. It should still get the no pvp/plague rule.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Adding the no pvp/plague and making level 3 more noob friendly(requires nice gear GM skills) on top of what Boris said.

Sounds like a yes for sure.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

It seems huge majority wants it newbie dungeon so I'll see what I come up with it.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Monad wrote:It seems huge majority wants it newbie dungeon so I'll see what I come up with it.
everyone has a different definition of what newbie is though...
id say noob is anyone under 90 str and fighting related skills <75

cove should def be harder than despise. They shouldn't be interchangeable. I feel that there is a gap of dungeons after you are skilled enough to clear despise. I can go through despise just fine on my own killing every creature. lvl 1, 2, and 3 (being smart and taking it slow). But at this stage there is still no other dungeons harder than despise that are easy enough to clear.

what im saying is that there is already a gap between despise and cove BUT cove IS the next easiest dungeon. If you make it on par with despise than there will be an even larger gap to the next easiest dungeon and will only make the problem worse for people that want to move on to the next difficulty
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Newbie is baseclass in my books.

That's why Covetous shouldn't be a newbie dungeon, but a newbie+ dungeon instead. A place for guys who have entered class and feel that Despise is no longer a challenge.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:Newbie is baseclass in my books.

That's why Covetous shouldn't be a newbie dungeon, but a newbie+ dungeon instead. A place for guys who have entered class and feel that Despise is no longer a challenge.

- Boris
Not like baseclassers could actually kill the casters in despise. But I agree, Covetous should be for those "newbs" who don't find Despise challenging.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

imo the biggest problem for newbies/guys who entered baseclass/guys who already have some skills but not so many, will always be the casters (unless they're really weak physically), so look at those, and make it no pvp dungeon aswell