Religions and robbers (old thread, locked)

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should religions be restricted from having robber alts?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Boris
Admin

Religions and robbers (old thread, locked)

Post by Boris »

As always, religions and robbers only create shit storms. The idea of this poll is simply to indicate how opinions divide on the matter.

Should religions be restricted from having robber alts? Simple yes-no poll.

Since this is a touchy subject - behave. Any inappropriate behavior will lock your forum account.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Re: Religions and robbers

Post by Jyrgen »

I guess the result of this poll wouldn't affect Law in any way anyway?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's not directed towards any religion - but surely it affects the other 3.

I simply know 0 cases where 'religions and robbers' concept has ended up positive. There are always just mountains of whine and accusations inside the religion.

- Boris
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Having 3 religions in 1 robbing guild. That just yells out loud shit storm. The trust issues this causes inside own religions, the possibilities to metagame hard, also whats the point really ? The whole thing just sounds so messy.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Obviously I vote No because I have religion chars, blue chars and robber chars. Never been a problem. I don't see the connection of problems one would make between robber char and religion char anyway. And we will just see whole Law vote Yes on this thing.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

How about: If you choose to log your robber char, you can't log your religious char for X amount of time. And vice versa. But then we'd have to have some kind of .robber tag reimplemented, i guess. Then again, this wouldn't prevent the possible meta from map and icq etc.
Last edited by Jyrgen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I hate to point out the obvious but if this is suppose to be reality, nerf law and remove ALL bad aspects of being a robber.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Problem comes when you're basically robbing your own, viewed from out of game perspective. Theres nothing wrong in RP perspective tho, the chars aint related anyhow to any religions in that way.

But when you're hunting and robbers come for you, who are you going to call when the robbing group consists of your religions top players and friends ?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's not about outside problems, but inside problems. Basically what Ondo is referring to as well.

When has a religion-robber combo ever worked out without creating a shit storm inside the religion? I can't recall any.

- Boris
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Boris wrote:It's not about outside problems, but inside problems. Basically what Ondo is referring to as well.

When has a religion-robber combo ever worked out without creating a shit storm inside the religion? I can't recall any.

- Boris
So the solution is to go "PICK ONE PICK ONE!!" if the players aren't mature enough too understand that's it's 2 different characters then that's on them. So far I've attacks and killed (some) players from Imp, AP and Tek. They were pissed they died but didn't cry metagame or any bullshit like that.