Religions and robbers (old thread, locked)

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should religions be restricted from having robber alts?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Cruxis Bane

Re: Religions and robbers

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Then have them removed and replaced, give them an ultimatum. Thats not a hard thing to do inside a religion and a valid point to bring up.
volc

Post by volc »

i voted no. because i don't give a dying duck about what immature cut-throat arguments take place within the religions. if anything, it will cause the religion, the supposedly role model for top-notch role play and banished metagaming, to lose those immature members (or perhaps disintegrate should none of them manage to remember what pang religions are about).

we are asked to keep our chars separate, we are asked not to mule, we are asked not to metagame, and that is why our chars deserve the right to be unaffected by our others.

i would rather have grief caused by exploitation, than to lose the freedom altogether.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Then have them removed and replaced, give them an ultimatum. Thats not a hard thing to do inside a religion and a valid point to bring up.

You're being genius arent you ?

Anyhoo, done with this topic.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

volc wrote: i would rather have grief caused by exploitation, than to lose the freedom altogether.
i vote no. as long as there is proper rp, etc. salll good
Biao

Post by Biao »

i voted no ofc. and hell yeah laws should be allowed too :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

I voted no. Robbing is an on and off kinda business, it doesn't involve any deep dedication like religions do. Robbing is kind of a side activity, I wouldn't think it wise to make it the main focus of what will probably be a small group of players.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

After thinking a while, I'm voting no also. Should be up to playerbase to be mature enough and enjoy the game, instead of fucking things up all the time.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Ofc it should be up to the playerbase. It simply seems (as history shows) to be too much to handle.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

The more I think about it the more I like it. It would mean the robbers would recieve a great advantage instead of the current disadvantage. Because of the great sacrifice they make. There would be very few robbers of any at all. But they would be dedicated with some kinda advantage. Would be fun to see.
Last edited by Johnny Walac on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Then have them removed and replaced, give them an ultimatum. That's not a hard thing to do inside a religion and a valid point to bring up.
Technically they're two different characters, you as a religion IG can't replace/remove the priest if the one robbing has no relation to it, do you understand where that leads?

Having a robber and a religion char is not the main issue, in my point of view, it's about maturity. This is something that either the players have to grow or, in case they don't, they don't get any candy.

How would the following sound to players who are in this situation:
- If you are in a religion and decide to have a robber, you need to apply for it (kind of like counselour). (your previous robber actions and general way you behave (acc marks etc) would have an affect on this decision).
- If your robber gets caught a number of times in illegal/loophole/assholish robberies he would be jailed at first and if the issue proceeded you would have to decide between religious char or robber (or reapply x months later to be a robber)

(slightly off-topic)
I know this idea isn't very GM friendly, but of the 50'ish people we've had during the last double gain weekend, there is a considerable number of people who simply aren't interested in PVP or still aren't strong enough to engage in this kind of situations.
Also it's not very friendly to have anyone being hoarded by 3 or 5 robbers while on a merchant or untrained character, a thing which has happened whenever the religion pvp gets boring for them peeps.