Religions and robbers (old thread, locked)

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should religions be restricted from having robber alts?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Cruxis Bane

Re: Religions and robbers

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I know its not roleplayish Aileth, however how is it rpish to tell my robber that he cant rob because I have a religion character, or to tell my other characters they cant join another religion because my priest is in imperial? Anyway you go with this it is unrpish.

EDIT: I kinda like Aileths idea however I dont know if gms deciding who is able to rob and who isnt will change the way all the players feel about it and their maturity level.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I'm for it, would bring true balance to the religions finally. No more excuses. ;)
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Yeap. I thought Law would vote Yes on this but obviously I didn't think it through. The staff has said over and over again that the Law tome is strong because of the robber factor. Well this change would reduce the amount of robbers with 99%. So the Law tome can be balanced with the rest of the religions as there would be no serious robber factor. Thus Law vote No on this to keep robbers and their OP tome.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

So ya guys are just voting opposite of what Law people vote? Awesome :D

Actually, the thing is that people tend not to have robber char as main char, and the robber can become unplayable for some time... So it'd be unfair towards them not to have religious alts.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Jyrgen wrote:So ya guys are just voting opposite of what Law people vote? Awesome :D

Actually, the thing is that people tend not to have robber char as main char, and the robber can become unplayable for some time... So it'd be unfair towards them not to have religious alts.
Or because I know this change won't go through because I say it's a good idea. Hoho ya'all fooled now huh.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Jyrgen wrote:So ya guys are just voting opposite of what Law people vote? Awesome :D

Eh, I get the whole not restricting people's game play thing, but we all know why Law wants them to stay. I'll just say it's my opinion though.
Masano

Post by Masano »

Im either voting No because I want to keep my OP tome, or Yes to ruin others game play. Still undecided! 8-)
Demian

Post by Demian »

I doubt the outcome of this topic will affect religions in any way and I can guarantee no Law member on this topic even thought of that possibility :P Paranoia is a curious thing.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Being a robber in Pangaea always left me without many friends. So I understand very well that no matter what most say, they will always call robbers metagamers and say they're looking at the map before robbing and so on.
I often had to choose either stop logging on the maps, or stop robbing.

I do understand also why GMs make a poll like this, some people just can't handle being robbed, and their best way is to accuse the robbers of meta and spread false accusations. Including, annoying the GMs up to a point where they just have to fix it somehow.

Edit* Don't get me wrong, reds do the same when they die and loose things. They say Law robbed them and so on, and worse, they blame GMs saying they care more for Law then others. So whole same thing happens just the opposite way also.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Oh you guys would keep the tome, others would just move up to that level.

Fair would be fair, right bros? No? Oh ok...conspiracy.

Thread has run it's course.