Religions and robbers (old thread, locked)

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should religions be restricted from having robber alts?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Ivan

Re: Religions and robbers

Post by Ivan »

Vaux27 wrote:
Zaradon wrote:I voted yes, for the sole reason that Robbing is like a different part of Pangaea.

Considering the problems causing towards the shard we should seperate the "robber world" from religions so we would have;

Religions
Neutrals
Robbers

Actually makes a lot of sense, but would make more sense if we had a larger player base sadly.
That would make sense if it would be equaly balanced, besides you are missing one from there.

Religions
Neutrals
Murderers
Robbers

Now there would be four factions for pangaea, but sadly three of them are tied to one of them due that one being op.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Ivan wrote: That would make sense if it would be equaly balanced, besides you are missing one from there.

Religions
Neutrals
Murderers
Robbers

Now there would be four factions for pangaea, but sadly three of them are tied to one of them due that one being op.

True, I guess a red guild are Murderers since the robbers were separated from them, due to the no robbers and religion stuff.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Yep, i am sorry i forgot on section. But yes it would look like that.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i wonder what would happen if we would stop having religions. how could pangaea be pangaea?but then again, would 80% of the problems disappear?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote:i wonder what would happen if we would stop having religions. how could pangaea be pangaea?but then again, would 80% of the problems disappear?
Mayor system, boost hunting and we're good to go for that one.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:i wonder what would happen if we would stop having religions. how could pangaea be pangaea?but then again, would 80% of the problems disappear?
I kinda would bet on that, players could create their own factions perhaps instead of religion system that boosts few of the current classes to be op. But oh well pangaea aint ready for suchs changes even if it would be balanced out and fixed... players are just so keen on keeping their op:ness and in fear of losing their piety.

I'd generaly make religions more like "opinion" and give basicaly everyone same tome with small changes (ie arnament nerf, which imo is the biggest factor making religions more powerful) and adding +10% dmg received for robber guilds. Now you could ofc build a guild around your religion, but you could have your own little knight outside of the society of law with law tome. Piety capped to 40 and it would raise eventualy / by gm for good rp / raising your virtue. Siege system would stay, but guilds would rule the cities. So current religions would be turned into guilds, so ppl could keep playing pangaea story still. Players from opposite religions should be enemies automaticly still.

EDIT: Or perhaps priests should be forced to choose from the four "religions" to keep the pangaea main rp running.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Mike wrote:
Mayor system, boost hunting and we're good to go for that one.
How to make religions not OP and to OFFER FREEDOM:

Clerical character is forced to choose a primary alignment (good, evil, law, chaos) and all get 30 piety except monks and priests who would have 40, but are technically able to help everyone with their rites that could differ a bit depending on alignment and always be weaker than mage spells.

Imperial guild's RP would allow all alignments except chaos, Law guild could take goods and lawfuls, Nature guild would take chaotics and goods, Tekstone guild could take chaotics and evils. All piety characters would have the same piety and it would not be dropped or raised. Rites would be restricted to minimal amounts (armament, deus, fortuno, itum, retribution, emoveo/dispel) plus alignment specific ritual or two. Good would get plague cure, lawful paralyze, evil would get calamity lues and chaotic would get something incognito style for example.

With exception of "support" monk who could at least do 40 armament on peoples gear, they would be like fighters with some "spells". Trad. religions could be non-guild and give one new ritual per religion (steed for nature, salvation for law, +2 merchantbless for imperial and ... err, old school exitialis for tekstone).

Tomes would have 0 piety and symbols would no longer exist. There would be no auras, no malleenings, poison winds, stones, banishments, guards, veritases and high piety armaments.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

haha dream on :P
i don't dislike the idea, but i don't see those alignment things belonging in pangaea.

i would just nerf religions to make it slighty better thin guilds (they must be stronger), but only to a small extent.
but yeah, all that crap like malleus/veritas/guards would disappear. and no, there would be no need to replace the damn rituals with new ones. do we need 8 per religion?can't we live with 2 or 3 or 4 only?lol...we already have pages and pages of rites

oh and piety would completely disappear except or very slight advantage to the hp. when there's no free road to 80 but always hp having the max piety and no one else being able to do anything about it, it will always lead to groups of leaders, ppl getting pissed off, etc
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I too would prefer if there wasn't any exact religions. I think all four gods should have the same powers and then the religious characters can choose whichever god they believe to. Also, everyone can join whichever guild they want to - or stay guildless. Of course a guild "Order of Law" can be established by any player which only takes in followers of Winchester, but it's not a must to join it. Basically you could have a guild that has followers of all deities.

Of course to do that we should first loosen up the RP restrictions in religions. Even if Gaea and Dennac would hate each other, a follower of Dennac doesn't have to hate all followers of Gaea. Quite the opposite. Someone can believe in Dennac and still love peace. Instead of creating mayhem, he tries to make people see Dennac in better light. The players can have different kind of methods and views of how to best serve their god. The gods would serve more like ideas than actual all-powerful beings. The power iof the priest comes from within the character, from his faith to a god - not from the god itself.
Masano

Post by Masano »

We arent trying to start the shard from scratch though. Dunno how many times it has been said by Boris that this is Pang 1. Any discussion that involves completely rewriting the system is pointless.

We can have religions and robbers with the possibility of metagaming OR we can seperate them and perhaps lose an aspect of the shard but enjoy less metagaming.

I choose to keep the robbers and deal with the metagaming.