Religions and robbers (old thread, locked)

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should religions be restricted from having robber alts?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Kent Strider

Re: Religions and robbers

Post by Kent Strider »

Priests with no religion could have powers too then :P Sounds cool to me, rogue priest in tha hooouse!
Palma

Post by Palma »

Kent Strider wrote:Priests with no religion could have powers too then :P Sounds cool to me, rogue priest in tha hooouse!
That's cool idea! Paralyze, restore, cure, all those rites except the religion ones. And a normal tome xD
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Palma wrote:
Kent Strider wrote:Priests with no religion could have powers too then :P Sounds cool to me, rogue priest in tha hooouse!
That's cool idea! Paralyze, restore, cure, all those rites except the religion ones. And a normal tome xD
Put it in idea form and see what they say.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Kent Strider wrote:
Palma wrote:
Put it in idea form and see what they say.
Add a Mad God of Chaos who accepts anyones prayers, except those in a religion. Yes, no rituals, just rites. Fixed 30 piety for all and minimum power tome you can find like you find codex. No religion to join, no rule to obey. Priest knight ranger monk. Of course those using powers of MGoC have free RP because chaos is freedom. MGoC would have siege rite too, but no guards, so it would be pretty useless unless you want to make a town guard-free (and to be taken by any religion soon).

ATM there is no religion that represents chaos, even if n00bs may say Tekstone would represent chaos. Definitely not. Tekstone is hierarchic and has a strict code of conduct.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

The Rebel Religion!

Rawrh!
Meghana Arroway

Post by Meghana Arroway »

I voted yes, for now.

I understand that it's pretty much a maturity question, being able to handle two or more characters who're on opposing teams properly. If both players and staff would vote Yes on this, my wild guess would be that there's been enough shit storms to cause some serious trust issues between players. That's deadly for any RP shard. People will start acting up.

Until having a religion+robber combination of characters is at least somewhat handled well and maturely, I say keep the restriction in place.

But all in all, the problems this kind of arrangement causes, is with the players and lack of rule-enforcement. Many freeshards have strict rules, and the rules are enforced with an iron fist. The banning of accounts for something small, like general asshattery is not uncommon.

Perhaps try out a new rule regarding this, and then enforce the rule? Perhaps allow religion+robber-combination for a short while, and see how it works out. You see metagaming, asshattery, rulebreaking, general idiocy -> jailtime, if not worse.
Metagaming is a common problem on RP shards. It can be weeded out however. Asshattery and rulebreaking can easily be weeded out via proper, active staffing and rule-enforcement.

My 2 cents.
Meghana Arroway - Aspiring Bard and Songwriter
Lyon Cera - A Buccaneer's Den former Thug, with emphasis on "former"
Alastor Wormsent - A priest without a job, does that make him a hobo?