Grant full chains to barbarians?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Grant full chains to barbarians?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 72

Iktomi

Re: Grant full chains to barbarians?

Post by Iktomi »

Jyrgen wrote:
Boris wrote:
Jon wrote:The difference between plates and other armours is just ridiculous.
And that's why there has been multiple boosts to plate already (more durability, enchanted gorgets, magical clothing under legs, etc.).

I think effect vs. AR has been talked through a billion times already.

"AR is just a number."

- Boris
How about you finally reveal all the secrets about the AR system then? (I.e, how AR works, if different parts have different intrinsic AR, how the effect system works etc).
How about you remember what's been posted on the forums!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9047
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Boris wrote:I hit you, there's 2 sets of numbers:
I do 100 dmg altogether, from which 8 dmg is elemental damage. Elemental damage is usually around 1-10 dmg.

You're out of your zone.

- Boris
Thats way off, i take 40 dmg from even knuckled gloves trough heater shield... while blocking the hit... Elemental damage amount varies depeding on opponent, startear/lunar/solar are only things that do that 10dmg and 2dmg as elemental 12dmg total. Dragon breathes are 100% elemenental damage like many of the creeps hits also, basicaly AR has no meaning in pvm against most of the monsters, even when they hit you with melee. (ps. mage reactive wont work on elemental damage, james kept hitting my mage with knuckled gloves and reactive was still on even after i took the hits and killed him and i took damage from him enough to disturb my spell as an elemental damage)
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Knuckled gloves vs. non-religion should be +\- 10 dmg. If it's more, there's a bug.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Boris wrote:Knuckled gloves vs. non-religion should be +\- 10 dmg. If it's more, there's a bug.

- Boris
We could test it if you wish to try and see for yourself.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Iktomi wrote:
Jyrgen wrote: How about you finally reveal all the secrets about the AR system then? (I.e, how AR works, if different parts have different intrinsic AR, how the effect system works etc).
How about you remember what's been posted on the forums!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9047
If you are using full Deamon skull platesuit, is there any difference where do you get hit to? I mean, are the hits to the head and neck always most dangerous ones, or if the all parts are made from same ore it's all about luck? It could be easily explained that sometimes critical hits does a lot of damage, sometimes not much at all if you need to hit those critical hits to the head or neck to be able to instakill which is obviously pretty rare.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If all zones are covered, it's all about a % chance where you get hit. Body has the biggest % chance, neck and hands have the smallest % chance. Hits to the neck for example are very dangerous - because gorgets don't give much protection. Besides that, even critical hit (extra) damage is rolled with dice. If you're lucky, a critical hit can mean +150% more damage. If that hit goes to the neck, the chances to survive are slim to none.

- Boris
Jon

Post by Jon »

That's what I thought. How about, does a better fighting skill increase the chance for hits to the neck?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The chance to hit each zone is always the same, if all zones are protected.

If all zones are not protected (i.e. using a necklace instead of a gorget)... I'm not completely sure how that plays out. Either the chance to hit the neck is still the same (but when you do hit the neck, it's automatically a critical hit) or the chance to hit the neck simply increases. That part you can test by yourselves easily. I would guess the first option.

- Boris
Mike

Post by Mike »

Is there a way to determine how much of a chainmail tunic's AR is arm AR, and how much is body AR?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:I hit you, there's 2 sets of numbers:
- Boris
Even if i parry the higher bit of the number, i still get the smaller (elemental) dmg hit trough parry/any other armor type, be it dspine, dskull or rainbow ore.

It gives a higher chance for healing failure coming from the emmense fingerslips from all sides, elemental/physical/spells/poison.

So yes, full chains for barbarians and their 'awesome' survivability.