Grant full chains to barbarians?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Grant full chains to barbarians?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 72

Andoriel

Re: Grant full chains to barbarians?

Post by Andoriel »

Boosting barbarian statcap by 10-15 would be more resonable boost then chains... Currently 175 str takes more then 50% of babas statcap. That way they have some stat to spare for dex. Rp wise makes sence as well since they are using lighter armor therefore should be able to focus on speed a bit more.
jason.taylor

Post by jason.taylor »

Andoriel wrote:Boosting barbarian statcap by 10-15 would be more resonable boost then chains... Currently 175 str takes more then 50% of babas statcap. That way they have some stat to spare for dex. Rp wise makes sence as well since they are using lighter armor therefore should be able to focus on speed a bit more.
over powerings
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

hate to say it, but maybe barbarians are fine and warriors are too OP now.

i used to play warrior years ago before any boosts and it was a fine class (yes everyone whined about how crappy it was back then too), but everyone just saw the 65 healing and turned away from it.

But you get
- poisoning: yes you can put regular poison on without a terrible fail rate (and on swords!), just have cures handy
- animal slots: quite a few. enough for a drake if i remember correctly
- full armor

Its a lot different than the barbarian class, you have to take advantage of these little perks to get the most out of the warrior instead of just running in and smashing/stabbing things. even though that was usually sufficient.
and 65 healing vs 85 isnt a huge difference aside from resurrection and curing poison.

+10 hp/tick seems insane to me. Where even the barbarian cant heal at low health, the warrior gets +10 no matter what (I've been told even while being damaged)

if i have my facts straight I am confident that right now, warrior is the superior class.
at least have damage interfere with the regen and the classes might be somewhat balanced again. Changes were made, and i dont think enough players gave the warrior a chance as it was to realize how great of a class it could be
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

jason their armor should suck for rp reasons and 10 more dex isnt too much of a boost. Hiting should allways be their specialty(so boost it a bit) and taking alot of damage should be their major problem. Allso 85 healing is very bad for hight hit points ,you will fail alot below 60% health. DOnt even get me started with being poisoned :) Overall their hit speed is preaty horibble and as stated by zaradon and couple of other 25 more str doesnt realy compensate for sucky armor alone.
But i dunno maybe i am playing too much age of conan :)
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

asinger wrote:if i have my facts straight I am confident that right now, warrior is the superior class.
at least have damage interfere with the regen and the classes might be somewhat balanced again.
Taking damage already interferes with the natural regeneration.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Lets stick to the topic and let me list the reasons once again of why should Barbarians get full chains.

* Too high incoming dmg from;
1- Low ar
2- Low resist
3- Elemental system

Their survivability is laughable right now. If anyone think it's all fine - you're wrong.
85 healing vs physical + elemental dmg.
85 magic resist vs spells + elemental dmg.
And as they say, AR is just a number - Barbarian's dont even have that.

From time to time, i've been hunting on my barb afterall - just to steam up the fun i used to have back then.
But after i meet an elemental caster (elemental hit + spells) i will turn my way back home. It's irrelevant.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If those are the problems, full chains aren't the solution.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Boris wrote:If those are the problems, full chains aren't the solution.

- Boris
Don't get sidetracked from a good idea. Enchantment stone things will bump up everyones PvM damage, barbarians will recieve a proportional boost that will take care of the "hunting without religion" situation. Chains for barbarians is still a good idea to boost their survivability a little bit and make crafting armor for them more worthwhile.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

We're still talking of a "fix" that doesn't fix the problem.

Weapon x vs. full chains
Weapon x vs. full chains with ringmail tunic

If the difference between an archer set and a studded leather set was small, the difference between full chains and a barbarian set will be even smaller.

= Pointless fix.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Boris wrote:We're still talking of a "fix" that doesn't fix the problem.

Weapon x vs. full chains
Weapon x vs. full chains with ringmail tunic

If the difference between an archer set and a studded leather set was small, the difference between full chains and a barbarian set will be even smaller.

= Pointless fix.

- Boris
Maybe take some input from people who have hunted with a 60 piety blessed weapon and see if that balances out vulnerability that is spell-wise shared with every other class. Cause that's what non-religious barbarians will be like.