Grant full chains to barbarians?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Grant full chains to barbarians?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 72

Boris
Admin

Re: Grant full chains to barbarians?

Post by Boris »

Jon wrote:The difference between plates and other armours is just ridiculous.
And that's why there has been multiple boosts to plate already (more durability, enchanted gorgets, magical clothing under legs, etc.).

I think effect vs. AR has been talked through a billion times already.

"AR is just a number."

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Boris wrote: I think effect vs. AR has been talked through a billion times already.

"AR is just a number."

- Boris
What do you mean by that? Do you mean like Daemonspine plates gives better blocking rate than Dspine chains? Because what I have heard and noticed, blocking, reflecting etc. works like elemental system. You get some percentage chance to block/reflect from each part.

I'm going to test Exp. Iron platesuit versus Iron chainsuit of invu. And if you take less damage by using invu chainsuit, the only conclusion can be that the AR is not only a number (more about that after test).

To me it looks like the only benefit you get from using plates is getting one more armour piece on you, which basically affects only for auropian and shalrius. So for pvm there's a small advantage and I don't whine about that because people are willing to pay big amounts for even small advantages which concern about pvm.

But if you watch this situation from pvp aspect, what's the point of using platesuits when you have high risk to lose it, average damage is 3 less than with a chainsuit, you get better bless(armament) faster on chansuit faster and it's 3x more expensive.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I bet that higher the AR smaller the difference, due 29 and 31 ar have a huge difference (most have noticed this with sparring weapons and suchs) and it doesnt matter whether they are bones or chains or even plates, difference is huge at that point.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:
Jon wrote:The difference between plates and other armours is just ridiculous.
And that's why there has been multiple boosts to plate already (more durability, enchanted gorgets, magical clothing under legs, etc.).

I think effect vs. AR has been talked through a billion times already.

"AR is just a number."

- Boris
How about you finally reveal all the secrets about the AR system then? (I.e, how AR works, if different parts have different intrinsic AR, how the effect system works etc).
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Point being, people should invest in effect rather than AR. The combined AR of a set doesn't matter, it's the AR of each individual piece. The actual difference between each piece AR-wise is so small, it simply doesn't matter. Rather invest in effect. The more pieces you wear, the more effect you gain. A typical effect can be 5% per piece for example. If you wear 7 parts of armor, the chance is higher, i.e. 7 (parts) x 5% chance = 35% chance.

Plates in a nutshell: more parts + more durability + more AR + more other gains (ench. gorgets + clothing/leather under legs). People don't care much about durability, but everything is in scale there as well. The more ingots used = the more durability. So for example a plate chest piece has around 25-30% more durability compared to a chain tunic. If you take into account the fact that chain tunic covers both body and arms (=takes hits more often), percentually the difference is even higher.

- Boris
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

And before you all shit bricks, do keep in mind this part:
  • PS. This isn't bulletproof data due to randomness of raw weapon damage (based on dice)
We can't control dice. Eventually the test is more about how good a weapon is vs. these armor types, than how good these armor types are vs. this weapon. Just like yesturday at Imperial Market, if you're lucky with dice, you're lucky dice. You can hit 150+ dmg ten times in a row or you can hit 0dmg ten times in a row.

Same thing in these results. You can see that invul plates took bigger maxium damage (140) compared to chains (114) and baba set (123). Even studded leathers took a smaller maxium hit (111), but we don't know the details behind that hit. Most likely it was a fine roll and the hit came to the head/hands/neck. In such a case it's big damage vs. small AR - and there's nothing to do.

The point behind effect vs. AR focuses especially on these small AR pieces. For example exceptional daemonskull gloves give 3 AR and exceptional daemonspine gloves give 2 AR. The actual difference is 1 AR, yet the price of these two items is big. It's a complete waste of money. That 1 AR makes no difference at all if you're being hit to the hands. So besides being expensive as truck, daemonspine also gives a chance to block the incoming hit. It's a win-win in every aspect, even if talking of one part.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:The point behind effect vs. AR focuses especially on these small AR pieces. For example exceptional daemonskull gloves give 3 AR and exceptional daemonspine gloves give 2 AR. The actual difference is 1 AR, yet the price of these two items is big. It's a complete waste of money. That 1 AR makes no difference at all if you're being hit to the hands. So besides being expensive as truck, daemonspine also gives a chance to block the incoming hit. It's a win-win in every aspect, even if talking of one part.

- Boris
Waaaait a minute now. Not sure which AR you're talking about here, but I assume it's the one you see from statusbar. In which case, the AR numbers you brought out right now, are weighed averages anyway? Thus, the real difference would be bigger, if the hands slot was being hit?

Here's the question: Assuming the respective slot gets hit, does a dskull breastplate block more damage than dskull gloves? I.e, do different armor pieces have different blocking coefficients, in addition to the slot coverage thing?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Wille wrote:Now in detail, the player has different armor zones like the head, neck, chest, waist, legs, arms and so on. A piece of armor can cover one or more of these different armor zones, and one zone can be covered by several pieces. When a hit lands on a player, an armor zone that was hit is picked and the AR of that specific zone is calculated against the hit. The actual AR of the zone is all natural armor (including blesses) of the player, plus the highest armored piece covering that area. Depending on different factors, a part of that AR is subtracted from the hit's damage.
I think that should answer the first part

For the second part, I guess the answer is no (if I fully understand the question). All material (hides, bones, ores, wood) have on value in them, regardless of quality or part. The real difference between AR and effect is that effect piles up (like elemental resistance). So for example the chance to block comes from the whole set (combined) instead of that one part that you're being hit in.

- Boris
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:So for example the chance to block comes from the whole set (combined) instead of that one part that you're being hit in.

- Boris
Okay, fine - but what about Elemental damage?

There's completely no block/resist/fix against taking the damage.
Its only reduction of elemental dmg, which makes the armors worthless.

I mean, why would i want to give away millions for auropian armors if they reduce the INCOMING elemental damage by X% ?

We're still talking of basic armors, protection types.

Altough, Barb's should most definitely get full chains. They diserve it compared to how many boosts other classes recieved.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I hit you, there's 2 sets of numbers:
I do 100 dmg altogether, from which 8 dmg is elemental damage. Elemental damage is usually around 1-10 dmg.

You're out of your zone.

- Boris