Allow Fullname change.

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow Fullname Change

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 60

Johnny Walac

Allow Fullname change.

Post by Johnny Walac »

Just a simple poll. If you think it should be allowed to change the firstname and not only the surname.
Bestia Domare

Re: Allow Fullname change.

Post by Bestia Domare »

i vote yes, under GM approval, no robbers allowed
Last edited by Bestia Domare on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

In some cases this could remove need to recreate whole char again. Robber should get ofcourse salvation first and simple murderer should not have any restrictions. (ofc not turned blue)
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I'll go for a no here myself.

During the past years, when players ask for a full name change, in 90% of all cases because they've "f'd up" and that name has bad rep. So they ask for a completely new name / identity to start over again. I think you should always carry the rep you've created on that particular character.

On the other hand as salvation now wipes all the marks from your character - a full name change could be added to that.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Boris wrote:I'll go for a no here myself.

During the past years, when players ask for a full name change, in 90% of all cases because they've "f'd up" and that name has bad rep. So they ask for a completely new name / identity to start over again. I think you should always carry the rep you've created on that particular character.

On the other hand as salvation now wipes all the marks from your character - a full name change could be added to that.

- Boris
this is why i specify "with GM approval"
i have recently created a character. He was warrior, then i changed my mind and decided to go back into base class and try something else. My character hasnt had time to develop a reputation and my plans for him have changed, he is new person. and on top if this I found out some old friends still play, i decided i want to continue the RP from my old character from 5 years ago. So i want to change my characters present name to the name i had when i used to play... but im not going to make a new fighter, i only want one fighter and i have already put the time into training this one.
If the problem is what you say, why not just add a month or 2 grace period for players to get make up their mind, see where their character is going, and get adjusted to the game.. after the grace period, the name is firm.'

i didnt plan to come on here and whine, and if its a no go and im stuck with my name so be it, but the topics up here now so ima throw my 2 cents because i see no harm in it, and the game would be more fun if you are whole heartedly happy with your character
Last edited by Bestia Domare on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

We can rename newbies as it is. Generally talking of characters that are less than 2 weeks old.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Boris wrote:We can rename newbies as it is. Generally talking of characters that are less than 2 weeks old.

- Boris
i dont want to highjack this thread into a new direction because the OP is suggesting the name change at any time.. but would it be so bad if we changed the present "less than 2 weeks old" (i'm assuming you mean IRL time, since character creation) to "less than 1 week old, IG time" for now
you can expect in 2 weeks that players would be training/developing multiple characters
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I voted Yes.

I see no problems in the GMs voting on a RP story for a full name change. If it's simply a person trying to change his name because of a bad rep, then the voting should go accordingly either way.

Full name change should be considered rare, but allowed. I'm curious to hear all these no's.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

A no.

It's been fine til now and i doupt it will be a big issue further on.

Altough, i'd like to see more features from Pangaea - personally.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I voted Yes.

On the simple grounds that if it is backed up by rp and gm approval I see no reason why someone can't hash out a new living for themselves under a new identity, of course this should be gm approved and of course, have a duration of time in which you can/can't do this.