Did you start here alone?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Did you have a friend helping you at the start of your Pangaea career?

Yes, friend helped me in the beginning
59%
Nope, started alone and didn't receive any before getting to know the other players
41%

Total votes: 95

Basil Brotheamus

Did you start here alone?

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Inspired by the field topic, just wondering how many of us have started here without a friend helping them during the first few weeks before getting to know some fellow players or joining a guild. I for one didn't.

Would love to hear some stories aswell, especially from those who did start alone and perhaps give some tips to those who are in the same situation.
Glarundis

Re: Did you start here alone?

Post by Glarundis »

i was one of the many players that started (directly or indirectly) because of palma. i started because 2 of my classmates that were already playing for a month or two, then i joined aswell. it's not like they helped me a lot in terms of money and stuff, but if you consider that having someone to pvm a bit with, to explore, to have fun, to talk about ig related stuff, in general, someone to play the game with, then of course it was a great help because you know the game is hard at first, but there's reason to move on, you have things happening. and back then, there were always things happening. new guilds, new ppl, new things to discover for ourselves (not talking about shard updates, it was just very dynamic because there were more players). i don't know how can we get that feeling back, but if we had it, it would be great, even without updates. or maybe it's something that once you're not a new player anymore, you don't get that feeling
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

Kuro's cousin helped me out at the beginning,then, I started to learn by myself because he was awfull at teaching :D
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Mike

Post by Mike »

I started playing with friends but I wasn't boosted at all during my first run. The second time around Quintoz helped me out quite a bit.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Started with my cousin but no one on the shard had much at the time as it was in the beginning so didn't get help til a couple months in when made friends with everyone.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

My cousin Taloon got me hooked to the game, but he didn't help me for the first week or so. Let me figure shit out myself.. Oh the fun of not knowing how to get ressed that first day :roll:
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

I started playing with one of Sark's friend but he quit like a week after. I had brought a friend (Garwath or something like that) during that week but I quit for a few months and then that friend teached me how shit worked and how to kill a giant with a boat.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

Kleptos had started a few weeks before me. Got some help from him, though we were ubernoobs back then. Now just noobs.
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Arcane Solja helped me big time when I started
Bird location: 312331437
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I'm here thanks to my brother who taught me the very basics such as where the fields are, what is OOC-talk and how not to do it (though I still did it!).

Everything else I pretty much had to learn for myself through trial and error.

I was a newbie running through snake-pass and Despise, always ending up robbed. My game-turning event was when Crowley killed Gabriz and while he was fighting against the rest of the Cabals, Gabriz gave me permission to loot his corpse - even though he had no idea who I was. I got his elite d'spines, whole indy set and some insane dazzling spear of vanquishing. Back then gear like that was insanely good and expensive. My first reaction was of course that I'm rich, but I decided it might benefit me more on the long run to be in good terms with the Cabals. I returned all the gear and they were pretty surprised for it. After that I gained quite many friends and immunity to robbers. Which both benefit me quite a lot.

So many good stories and memories. One of my favourites is before I was in good terms with the "red side", when I was robbed, I got ressed and decided to seek for revenge. They were hanging out at the GY and me having no gear I ran after them with nothing but a horse and a hellfire wand. Back then people had very low magic resistance and only about 100 strength so I was quite surprised when two robbers fell to the power of the wand and the third one ran away. I got myself some pretty nafty gear that day!
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.