Did you start here alone?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Did you have a friend helping you at the start of your Pangaea career?

Yes, friend helped me in the beginning
59%
Nope, started alone and didn't receive any before getting to know the other players
41%

Total votes: 95

Diamond

Re: Did you start here alone?

Post by Diamond »

Robbing someone you earn some gear...
And soon you will loose your's.

Letting him get his gear back you earn a friend.

Well, I started here with a friend, but he is a newb in Pang too.
Though we are both new in Pang, we are not new to UO.
We both play UO for about 10 years or so. :D

I have to admit that I had some good help from players I didn't know, which makes Pang and UO unique. ;)
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Masano

Post by Masano »

When I first started playing UO I played on PvP shards. When I first logged onto Pangaea I was permanently banned in under one hour.

I did have 2 friends playing on the server but they were total noobs too at the time.

I headed straight to Brit Bank and there were lots of people there. I knew nothing about RP and didnt really believe that you would get in trouble for OOC or swearing ect. People did try to explain to me but I thought they were joking and also that nothing would come of it. After a while Insomnia summoned me to his GM room where I continued my insults for about 5 minutes. The last thing I said to him was "ooh you gonna rape me now" or something like that...connection lost.

After 6 months I got a new PC and internet connection and tried again. I was at Brit bank trying to RP and Kakme gave me a startear longsword which I thought was the coolest thing ever. That was about 8 years ago :>
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I myself started back in 2005 i think, i was on 5th or 6th grade around 13-14 years old. I were at my friends watching him playing runescape, it was a big hit back then. Then my friends big brothers friend, passed by and saw us playing runescape. He told to switch to ultima because it was a much cooler game, for one i didnt have computer myself so i played runescape in library or at friends once in a while. So after a while there was 4-5 of us playing ultima (i barely played at all, sometimes at friends with his little brothers computer). Well i didnt know a jackshit about rp so i kept my mouth shut, friend made macro for "i would like to buy" which i used a lot. We didnt have a lot guidance and we were usualy asking help from that guy who showed us the game. At some point later i got myself a computer and was playing diablo and cs against bots, when we got internet connection i started playing ultima again. (oh and i totaly sucked in english also, was realy difficult to communicate)

I got basic instructions like "go harvest" and shit, i barely minded them after i got classed and kept killing all stuff i saw, or trying atleast. It was fun as long as it lasted. Oh and there was no easyuo back then, i had to harvest by hand to reach 90 str for my awesome plate suit :) uoloop already was awesome for hitting dummy and training anat. I earned my first 60k in baseclass by raiding TG also... bought malachite suit which got robbed later...
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Started a while after my brother (Akasha) who helped me to get started, pretty soon met Gamarf and Darian and the rest of the Ferrum Crucis crew.
I whine, therefore I am
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Ivan wrote:I myself started back in 2005

Oh and there was no easyuo back then
There was, you just didn't knew about it ;)
Talerco Pious wrote:Started a while after my brother (Akasha)
That man is a god, showed me every high end ore veins for what I would consider nothing compared to the profit I made with them.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

My first time I had some friends who started with me, no one really established.

My return back in Feb 2011 I didn't know anyone though, started from scratch basically and met friends as the game went on. Definitely was hard but I already knew how it was coming in, which is why I liked it.
632-140-419
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well I started back after Journey's End had their Diaspora, for those not familiar with what that was, it was when Sigismund, the owner of Journey's End at that time, had to throw in an rp story as to why there was a massive timewarp due to a bad hard drive and pretty much all he could recover was a shard back up from like 6 months prior, I soldiered on there for a few months afterward then heard about Pangaea.

I started playing Pangaea pretty much on my own with my lowly assassin character, got my brother in law and sister to play (Destra Falon and S'hree), I was kind of half hearted in playing again cause restarting characters from nothing is kind of a bore but I played for a short while before taking on co-running a shard and admined there doing some scripting until about 2005.

Took about a 6 year break from UO, wandering aimlessly in the desert.

Returned back to Pangaea after my brother in law, and about four of my irl friends who use to play Journey's End in a little guild there called the Circle of the Dragon, this was in September or October 2011 when I returned, my friends and I soldiered on a little here and they eventually quit playing about 6 months after they returned and I have been here ever since, no irl friends playing but have since made some nice in-game friends. And here I am, stuck wandering aimlessly in another desert! :D
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

I came here with a bunch of guys and girls who used to play MTA:vice city together.

Ace, seven, Steve, eddy, whoopee, Krystal and a few others. And that my children is how the experts were born.
Leanne Duhan

Post by Leanne Duhan »

I was, and still am guided by the legendary Gaymarf or whatever his name was... :P
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Cool guys picked fields with d-click back in 2003... and bought a new mouse every 6 months.

A: Friends helped my out as well. A bunch of dicks who never told about EasyUO.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.