Double gains - how many times a year?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How many times a year should we host double gain weekends?

16%
5%
3%
9%
17%
No votes
50%

Total votes: 64

dwight

Re: Double gains - how many times a year?

Post by dwight »

The first double gain weekend happened because players were beeing harmed due to constant problems in the server.

The staff decided to reward, because the players were still here playing, even if all those timewarps happened and their effort in trainings was taken away.

I think double gains could happen, but only in special circumstances like this.

There is no school like the old school so just train your skills like the veterans did :D
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

We could still use double-drops and/or -2x vendor prices at some point.

GM vs. Player events could be more popular.
Bloodtouch

Post by Bloodtouch »

Momath wrote:I think double gains could happen, but only in special circumstances like this.

There is no school like the old school so just train your skills like the veterans did :D
My thoughts exactly.
645-915-327
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Momath wrote:There is no school like the old school so just train your skills like the veterans did :D
I am a veteran, a refugee from Journey's End's Diaspora, from the days when Repsak was still the head cheese and I like double gains, I voted for 4 a year, that's one every 3 months, that isn't a lot really if you consider that most people probably won't hit every single one of those weekends in a year and probably won't use the whole of the weekend for macroing.

This is the one thing I don't get, on one hand people complain that macroing is the scourge of Ultima Online but on the next, there is a system in place to ease that and yet, "Oh no, we can't make building skills too easy." I don't know I guess I am just impatient these days, I see nothing wrong with building skills faster, it isn't giving them away after all. So what if someone builds a skill quicker than you did, so what, then you can brag you did it the slow way.

Hell I've built most of my skills save for one on all my characters without a double gain weekend cause prior to oh about 4 months ago I didn't have weekends off. And I don't really give a crap if someone gms a skill or not, its going to happen at some point might as well be sooner than later, the game really only begins wihen you have your main skills gm'd.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Callum O'Lyre wrote:
Momath wrote:There is no school like the old school so just train your skills like the veterans did :D
This is the one thing I don't get, on one hand people complain that macroing is the scourge of Ultima Online but on the next, there is a system in place to ease that and yet, "Oh no, we can't make building skills too easy."
This definitely links with the other topic about modernising Pangaea. We need to somehow make Pangaea more accessible and playable. It's a different generation of gamers.

Anyhow I voted for as many as possible, the less time macroing, more time role-playing and playing your character.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I think we can lock this discussion as well, as it's old as truck.

There will be no system for DGW's, we just host them when we feel like it. We've had 2 earlier this year, so most likely the next one will be in September - when we all "come back from our summer holidays".

So all-in-all 3-4 times a year.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.