Double gains - how many times a year?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How many times a year should we host double gain weekends?

16%
5%
3%
9%
17%
No votes
50%

Total votes: 64

Kent Strider

Re: Double gains - how many times a year?

Post by Kent Strider »

I feel like one weekend every 1-2 months would be awesome, we should stop taking this game so seriously and let loose, have fun. At the end of the day it IS after all just a game. Make the players happy!
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

We all want to have fun Kent. :)
It's just that players have different view of fun. I personally think it would downgrade the fun level in the long run if we have DGW's too often.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Diamond wrote:It's just that they have nothing to do. You login and you have the feeling that you play in a abandoned shard.
That's simply the deal every summer. We're talking of 10-20 players online, perhaps max. peaks of 30 players. In September, the numbers double.

Do we need more events? Yes, absolutely. Simply ask GM's for help and it'll be done. Is DGW an event? No, an event requires activity and DGW is nothing else but zombies in houses.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Boris wrote:
Diamond wrote:It's just that they have nothing to do. You login and you have the feeling that you play in a abandoned shard.
That's simply the deal every summer. We're talking of 10-20 players online, perhaps max. peaks of 30 players. In September, the numbers double.

Do we need more events? Yes, absolutely. Simply ask GM's for help and it'll be done. Is DGW an event? No, an event requires activity and DGW is nothing else but zombies in houses.

- Boris
I totally agree.
DWGs just help the players to play the other days.
I wouldn't stay in house training itemid if I knew that in 2 days we will have a DWG.

Even small quests, according to the level of the players the GM sees online would do.
Possess a vendor, put him in a dungeon, locked in a cage and send the other players save him.
Hide relics in dungeons and the religion who will get the most wins... something.
Hide hints of large quest in dungeons...
*shrugs*
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i feel like diamond with the abandoned shard feeling.
basil, i can't practice what i preach like that, i'll log in and rp alone?
Basil Brotheamus

If you want RP events, organize them. You don't need staff for that.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:If you want RP events, organize them. You don't need staff for that.
Epic lie. Ofcourse you need staff. I remember when Ares was leading Mushroom Market and when he was not. GM advertising it IG, hanging around, playing with people (hallucinations etc). Small stuff which makes them fun. DMS tried the Mushroom Market, not many people come. Imperial has lead many markets, latest ones are quite fails etc.
Basil Brotheamus

Simmo wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:If you want RP events, organize them. You don't need staff for that.
Epic lie. Ofcourse you need staff. I remember when Ares was leading Mushroom Market and when he was not. GM advertising it IG, hanging around, playing with people (hallucinations etc). Small stuff which makes them fun. DMS tried the Mushroom Market, not many people come. Imperial has lead many markets, latest ones are quite fails etc.
:roll:
There's quite a big difference between organizing and helping with small stuff.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Simmo wrote:
:roll:
There's quite a big difference between organizing and helping with small stuff.
Cant agree with you. GMs understand helping small stuff means that you announce in the beginning "Market is on" and thats it. I remember when i once asked you nicely for perma gate in Mushroom market and i barely got any. Ares popped out and helped me out.
We are outa topic. Im 0ut.
Basil Brotheamus

Right.. :lol:
So perhaps I was busy with something and asked Ares to help instead. That means that GM's doesn't ever never help you? Aww, poor you.