Double gains - how many times a year?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How many times a year should we host double gain weekends?

16%
5%
3%
9%
17%
No votes
50%

Total votes: 64

Iktomi

Re: Double gains - how many times a year?

Post by Iktomi »

Diamond wrote:Even small quests, according to the level of the players the GM sees online would do.
Possess a vendor, put him in a dungeon, locked in a cage and send the other players save him.
Hide relics in dungeons and the religion who will get the most wins... something.
Hide hints of large quest in dungeons...
*shrugs*
This is definitely the vision... unfortunately I just don't have enough time online...
Evander

Post by Evander »

I voted 1. I think even one may be too many. I have same vision as Basil has for this.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

I remember the DGW where we actually didnt macro all the time, but PvPed and hunted like almost every dungeon there is. So you can't really say that DGW will make ppl macro semiafk in houses all the time.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:If you want RP events, organize them. You don't need staff for that.
Well... Let's see a simple quest...
I guess I can get a char of mine into a dungeon, die and wait for other players to come and save me for example.
How many days do you think that I will have to stay there as a ghost, before a char appear?
How could I notify them and how much time will they need to organize a rescue mission?
Will they be strong chars so as to go and die in Destard?
Or players who barelly can find their way in Despise?
How am I going to know if they even started searching for me so as to login my char?
Am I going to send a new char there? And send them to save someone who do not even know?
Or a good one, who people know him cause he RPed with them, so as to loose some days of training, waiting for my saviours?

It's not that simple.
A GM can organise a huge quest where players may kill a lizardman and be happy for this.

I even have a strange item in my posession for about a week and I can not find someone to RP for this!

And btw, cause Boris mentioned it, I would prefer too, the Double Gain events to be in middays. Not weekends where we have more people online.
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Come on... don't be silly. I didn't say quest, I said RP event. Just one example, Palma have been organizing tournaments single handidly for many months now without any or very little GM interference. Channel your energy into planning and organizing something similar or something different instead telling here over and over again how lonely and boring it is. Do something about it.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

The issue is that you have to basically train your skills fully in order to do anything, if you have under 80 in a weapon skill, you are going to miss far to often, for crafting you will waste a shit load of materials, without 100med you cant med through chains on a priest, and your blesses will be even shittier than the crap blesses you get with 100. The issue is that skills are shit unless they are maxed, if skills were better at around 85, and 85-100 was harder to gain, but that much better, it might be a better system, but it cant change or be fixed that way because most everyone already powered their skills to the max.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

@Basil
Who said that I don't? :p
I allready started something... Though only players I allready RP with them will get involved.
But this is not the point.
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Diamond wrote:@Basil
Who said that I don't? :p
I allready started something... Though only players I allready RP with them will get involved.
But this is not the point.
Okays, good for you. :)
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I voted 4, once a quarter.

I agree with Kent on this, the less time macroing for me the better. I already spend a lot of time macroing.

As a side note, I agree with Boris about the heighten class, it should of never been implemented, but the cat's out of the bag and no way to shove it back in.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Imo pangaea is too far outdated already, not only as a shard but as a game ultima online has lost its spark already in my eyes, there is many other mmorpg's out there but they lack rp and sandbox play style.

If we wish to change pangaea gameplay from macroing => active playing whole load of skills need revising or additional way to train instead of simply macroing.

i.e easy way for fighting / casting skills to be more efficient to train instead of macroing would be tie them to virtue gain, example 2x gain rate when virtue gained within last X amount of time, be it 5 seconds or 10 seconds. (also when poisoning an opponent you'd have a chance to gain poisoning and when making a critical hit you'd have chance to gain anatomy... also healing could be done till 85% with normal usage of bandages.)

But afterall there is a problem in this combination, example low int fighters would suffer from extreme stat gain which could simply ruin a char in a moment. Its no fun to train awesome char and then have it ruined by simply using it.

It would be huge work load to go trough all the skills ig, but it sure would raise activity. But the problem comes with merchant classes, system that would require activity for better skill gain rate is quite hard to create for them. But is it needed afterall? 90% of merchant classes are so easy, and mostly people who make merchants except the char to be 100% macroable.

What comes to piety, i'd make it more old school atleast to some extend so that everyone would play actualy different classes instead of their 40+ piety super chars.

EDIT: oh and simple way to switch heighten class system => part of normal class would be simply to remove titles (legendary, ancient) once your char is fully trained thats about it, you just play it... (and remove need of guild masters for skill checks... perhaps remove timer even? make it impossible to gain with macroing?)