Double gains - how many times a year?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How many times a year should we host double gain weekends?

16%
5%
3%
9%
17%
No votes
50%

Total votes: 64

Jyrgen

Re: Double gains - how many times a year?

Post by Jyrgen »

Ivan wrote:...
Yes, but considering most players already have their (useful) skills maxed, it wouldn't really affect them at all. You claim that it'd "give more time to do something", but in fact when your skills are more or less maxed (which we all have, except some newbs that have joined recently), you already have the time to do something else, yet noone does that something. So the reason must actually be in something else than the frequency of blue text in journal.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Very true indeed but on my part i can say that pangaea aint just my ideal rp and mmo playing world. So you can quess why i've gotten kind of bored.

But as of thinking of new players we could have active new players from day 1 hunting stuff, instead of basic "go harvest shit" advice which will most likely kill a gameplay for a new player pretty easily.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Hunting with 20 - 25 str and less than 60 in fighting skills?
What? Giant rats? :p

If someone knew that in a logical period (like 5-6 months) his training will end and he will have a descent char to hunt with the others, to RP, gather money to setup his house and buy a descent armor and weapon, he would invest the time needed to do it.
Now, in 5-6 months, you may have problems facing the bone magician outside Britania if you didn't make your char with 50% resist... :lol:
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Diamond wrote:Hunting with 20 - 25 str and less than 60 in fighting skills?
What? Giant rats? :p

If someone knew that in a logical period (like 5-6 months) his training will end and he will have a descent char to hunt with the others, to RP, gather money to setup his house and buy a descent armor and weapon, he would invest the time needed to do it.
Now, in 5-6 months, you may have problems facing the bone magician outside Britania if you didn't make your char with 50% resist... :lol:
Starting skills i chose for each of my fighter chars was 50% magic resist 30% healing and last one depended on class which i played. (hardest skill to train that they commonly use)
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Ivan wrote:Starting skills i chose for each of my fighter chars was 50% magic resist 30% healing and last one depended on class which i played. (hardest skill to train that they commonly use)
Yup...
Exactly how I create mine...
For example, 50 resist, 30 healing, 30 med. But 30 is really close to 20% that vendors give anyway...
These skills can hardly kill a giant rat. :p
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Diamond wrote:
Ivan wrote:Starting skills i chose for each of my fighter chars was 50% magic resist 30% healing and last one depended on class which i played. (hardest skill to train that they commonly use)
Yup...
Exactly how I create mine...
For example, 50 resist, 30 healing, 30 med. But 30 is really close to 20% that vendors give anyway...
These skills can hardly kill a giant rat. :p
They can with current start up package, and considering wayfarers being around its even more easy to start up as a fighter due unlimited freebies.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

in 5/6 months you can train a char, even if you don't have many hours to play. 180h if you play 1h a day. more than 1 week online time by the end of it
dwight

Post by dwight »

voted 0.

it should be something special, for special reasons or happenings, not something sheduled
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's clear they won't be granted for free in the future. DGW being tied completely to voting is a good carrot or perhaps in case of massive rollbacks, anniversaries and whatnot. If it was tied completely to voting, we should still figure out the game plan for it.

250 votes per month = x
500 votes per month = x
750 votes per month = x
1000 votes per month = x

etc.

Before that we should still decide the maxium amount of DGW's or DGD's per year. As it is, 4 DGW's per year is the absolute maxium.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

if you tie that to voting ppl will vote until they get those 4 (maximum) dgw a year and then stop voting :P

or worse, like said before, with a dgw every 3 months they won't play and wait for the dgw to finish that damn resist

i think this is because, seriously, either dgw is more than just double gains, or a simple 50% decrease in the time it takes to gain makes a huge difference in the person's perception of how fast/slow and how easy/hard the skill is