Double gains - how many times a year?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How many times a year should we host double gain weekends?

16%
5%
3%
9%
17%
No votes
50%

Total votes: 64

Boris
Admin

Double gains - how many times a year?

Post by Boris »

Simple question, simple answer(s).

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
James Blackburn

Re: Double gains - how many times a year?

Post by James Blackburn »

i voted 4, that would be 1 in each 3 months, and in my opinion thats enought if not too much even. but i'm definitely against more then 4.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Voted 0 - For random double gain events.
I actually liked the whole concept of hosting it as a reward for voting.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I would say three or less, the more that you have double gains the more heighten people that will happen and the less important they will become. Atleast after having two of them I didn't even care for the third or really do any macroing on it as I had no need. But I did play pretty much non stop for the first two dgws I was able to attend.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

As many as possible. The more people spend actually playing this game instead of macroing is the day Pangaea will have an over 100 online player count again.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Tyrion wrote:As many as possible. The more people spend actually playing this game instead of macroing is the day Pangaea will have an over 100 online player count again.
Bingo, people should stop worrying that other people will have good characters, come on guys...
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

I said 2 as I'd like to see double gains on the weekend closest to Pangs anniversary and one other random
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I'd guess we'll no longer host directly and everything will be tied to voting, because Jesus.

Also we could have unannounced double gain... well, random days. Most likely in the middle of the week and that'll create paranoia, because Jesus.

Jesus +1.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Should come as a surprise and should be as rare as possible. What does it benefit if you can train your character a bit faster in the long run? Training your character is big part of the game, advancing to higher levels is huge part of the game. You never finish a MMORPG so I don't get the reasoning behind "we have life now, we can't afford training". Training is_part_of_the_game. DGW's should be just some extra spice here and there, nothing what affects the game or training crucially.

Claming that DGW raises a playerbase generally is not true as far as I'm concerned. DGW raises a playerbase for a moment when it comes as a surprise and when it's not something players have got used to. If the gains would have been double as fast as they are now from the beginning of Pangaea, 90% of you would have got bored to Pangaea already few years ago and never came back and we probably wouldn't even exist anymore.

Making DGW to happen predictably and in certain phases and too often brings many problems in my opinion:
  • - Players logging only when its happening
    - Players getting their chars trained too quickly
    - Unfair advantage for those who are able to login compared to those who cannot
    - Players getting bored to the game too quickly
Last edited by Basil Brotheamus on Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Stick to allowing DGW when there's evidence of active voting taking place that puts us even higher up on the list :)
As for how many times a year? I really don't know what the limit should be :S