Double gains - how many times a year?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How many times a year should we host double gain weekends?

16%
5%
3%
9%
17%
No votes
50%

Total votes: 64

Kent Strider

Re: Double gains - how many times a year?

Post by Kent Strider »

Glarundis wrote:in 5/6 months you can train a char, even if you don't have many hours to play. 180h if you play 1h a day. more than 1 week online time by the end of it
You realize how horrible that is, right?
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Glarundis wrote:in 5/6 months you can train a char
Uh, what? You can train essential skills of a fighter pretty easily in a month even if you have fulltime job.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

helps my cause even better then..i was only trying to say 6 months is enough to train a char even with 1 hour online per day (yeah i know it sucks kent :P) and you say even 1 month is enough, so that cuts all the "we need loads of months to have a barely trained char" comments and ideas
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Glarundis wrote:in 5/6 months you can train a char
Uh, what? You can train essential skills of a fighter pretty easily in a month even if you have fulltime job.
I never considered "training" skills as fun or as playing, thus all the hours i wasted on macroing were mostly for watching movies and suchs, actual playing time is realy small compared to the time wasted on the skills.

This is the reason why i'd like to be able to actualy play the game and become better in skills also, if you go hunting with noobish skills you are doomed to die, so you go and macro and macro and macro until you can actualy kill good stuff. So in my eyes the problem are these skills that only gain to maximum with macroing ie anatomy, healing. You cannot hunt those two skills to max, also training fighting skills mostly requires sparring due slow gain rates and only one dungeon worth while to farm.
Lily Shiar

Post by Lily Shiar »

Tyrion wrote:As many as possible. The more people spend actually playing this game instead of macroing is the day Pangaea will have an over 100 online player count again.
+1
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I must be perfect!
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Don't all who say that thing have nearly maxed chars anyway?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

they'll only stop once they ancient all their 5 chars and then still don't log in :P
Meghana Arroway

Post by Meghana Arroway »

I say "as many as possible" too, simply because of what Tyrion said. The more people actually get to PLAY Pangaea, the better. Right now it's just macroing. It's about skill % and that seems to be the main point for most.

There's little to no RP and good ole fun in game. Everyone is hiding somewhere, macroing, grinding skillgains like robots.
As many as possible. The more people spend actually playing this game instead of macroing is the day Pangaea will have an over 100 online player count again.

Meghana Arroway - Aspiring Bard and Songwriter
Lyon Cera - A Buccaneer's Den former Thug, with emphasis on "former"
Alastor Wormsent - A priest without a job, does that make him a hobo?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

3 every season.

Summer start/middle/end
Spring start/middle/end
Winter start/middle/end
Autumn start/middle/end

EDIT; This might be a bit of too much, but 1-2 every season would be alright if you ask me.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Zaradon wrote:3 every season.

Summer start/middle/end
Spring start/middle/end
Winter start/middle/end
Autumn start/middle/end

EDIT; This might be a bit of too much, but 1-2 every season would be alright if you ask me.
Aint start of summer same as end of spring so 4 in a year? at the start of each season. If its 3 every season it means we would have them basicaly monthly, but i myself am fine with the few we have once a year or so.