Make things break faster?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

yes
32%
no
57%
no opinion
11%

Total votes: 44

Ares

Post by Ares »

Based on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12218

We're talking about weapons, armors and whatever else you're wearing when you die thats worn (including magical clothes and jewels).

I've probably missed something obvious, so please just vote on these things and add your comments below.
Glarundis

Re: Make things break faster?

Post by Glarundis »

yes, ONLY if this means those same items will be easier to craft/find/replace/whatever in such a way that this doesn't go overboard but makes things more dynamic which is imo what we need to achieve
Demian

Post by Demian »

Glarundis wrote:yes, ONLY if this means those same items will be easier to craft/find/replace/whatever in such a way that this doesn't go overboard but makes things more dynamic which is imo what we need to achieve
How does anything change then if the items that you lose will be even easier to replace than they currently are? I'd say no to this idea. Annoying as hell.
dwight

Post by dwight »

I say yes but I think weapons already break fast enough
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Demian wrote:
Glarundis wrote:yes, ONLY if this means those same items will be easier to craft/find/replace/whatever in such a way that this doesn't go overboard but makes things more dynamic which is imo what we need to achieve
How does anything change then if the items that you lose will be even easier to replace than they currently are? I'd say no to this idea. Annoying as hell.
fair point, but i wasn't meaning to do the changes in the exact same proportion, that would make things work like they are, only faster. what i meant was adjusting just a tiny little bit (in terms of final effect) while overall making it more dynamic (which will make mercants happier and ppl happier atleast for the thrill of finding and getting newer stuff (but replacing stuff can be annoying though :P))
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Are we talking of a WoW like system where when you die items take a % hit of their overall durability? or the current system that Ultima has always used where after enough beating on then it breaks?
Ares wrote:We're talking about weapons, armors and whatever else you're wearing when you die thats worn (including magical clothes and jewels).
This makes it sound like a WOWesque system, I won't vote either way, I won't even *gasps* speculate as I usually might until I find out what you mean Ares. :D
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

bows already break way too fast. 10 shots and its gone from perfect to good, and its already useless then.
291-697-526
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

This change would drop cloths prices a lot, even if you raise the drop rates its +-0... is it worth the change even? Rather keep them rare and expensive... Bring back robbers to hoard them and bring some fear in indy cloth users.

I just cant see the fun in system where you gotta replinish your gear supplies even more than nowdays, in exchange for bigger loot... its basicaly +-0 afterall... Its always an annoyance to seek a merchant to make a certain thing for coin that you already have anyways not enough. Would perhaps even encourage muling which pang doesnt want i take it?
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Bring back robbers to hoard them and bring some fear in indy cloth users.
This fallacy is so old that I never ever expected to see it used again. Robbers merely change who owns the stuff, it doesn't deal with the inflation issue. For the inflation issue- you need a way for the stuff to escape the players, and the system.
KennairAldshayn

Post by KennairAldshayn »

Yes.

Although, as I suggested in that topic, it might be worthwhile to increase the qualities/effects of the gear. High end gear is more effective, but for a shorter overall period.
Pigeon: 691-280-878