Make things break faster?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make things break faster?

yes
32%
no
57%
no opinion
11%

Total votes: 44

Ivan

Re: Make things break faster?

Post by Ivan »

Point of robbers is to make a clear difference between people you dare to use their millions worth of gear, people would not hunt everyday hunts with high end cloths. Also cloths even currently may break in use, there is several ways how they get destroyed. (sadly i've been victim of both ways)

The point aint that indy clothes should be at all more common or should break, point is that everyone has them and everyone uses them. If there would be even slighest risk in their use people would stop using them (no one pvp's in indies anymore as an example).

Just sayin that many of those that currently can afford to use clothes would not be able to afford their cloth use due high risk of robberies as an example. It would be more natural way of clearing the shard of over flowing clothes (wiping them into robbers and players boxes out of everyday use).
Ares

Post by Ares »

Robbers have nothing to do with the issue, they only redistribute the resources and are therefore irrelevant.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ares wrote:Robbers have nothing to do with the issue, they only redistribute the resources and are therefore irrelevant.
So the issue is that people have played shit loads on pangaea and have too much shit? I'd consider this problem being realy similiar to current "religion problem", it was created buggy (items do not break so often), but cannot be fixed because players dont want to lose their precious, hard earned stuff. Just another example, if this matter is different from kicking current minority of players in the balls with current "balance", just because it affects everyone on shard...

I will be quiet since i dont think i can come up anything else anymore.

EDIT: must admit im horrible in writing english nowdays
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I've suggested the same things a year ago.

Ofcourse im up for this.

Gotta love the fat-ego ignorance of the kinds <3
Ranokan

Post by Ranokan »

I would say yes if you make it so that it wont affect much the damage/protection of items. I think it is okay that you require more fixing and new items but it is not okay that the damage/protection inflicted/absorbed is reduced the rate it is.

Argon
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I'd keep things as they are.

Instead of stuff breaking faster - they could rust out / decay / go bad. It could apply to everything from weapons to food to potions and so on. The expire date of an item could be 2-3 years. Even that would make a big difference.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Very common items = break/get useless very fast. > in weeks?
Common items = break/get useless fast. > in months?
Rare items = break/get useless slow. > half year?
Very rare items = break/get useless very slow. > years?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I wonder if its worth of applyin suchs system even, if people dont use their weapons they most likely wont ever use them... so basicaly they are storing crap, does it matter if it doesnt even decay after a while? So can you tell me exactly what is the actual problem? Ill just leave my weapons as ingots and suchs and get them made only at the exact moment when i need them, thats like huge difference from current situation once again? (except magical items come barely worth of any coin, because you cant save them for the actual situations where you need them most (pvp))

EDIT:And this could even kill the purpose of sales on forums, no one would want old stuff only recently made would be good so it wouldnt be wise to buy from discount sale for cheap if you dont have instant need for it.

Its kind of difficult to follow what you are trying to gain with making items break faster, more market? more loot? its still same +-0 or even - for players making the change not wanted. If you are trying to get money out of system, you just need to offer something useful for players that is temporary trough vendors as an example. If its cloths that you are trying to get rid of all i can say is that drop rates are horrible nowdays as they are, if clothes that people currently own are the problem for reason or another make using them more risky so it comes with huge gain. (as i stated robberies) Its just hard to imagine why you still are after the goods that players have hoarded over the years, they'll eventualy end up for some idiot that breaks them or lets them decay accidently. (no one has that good luck that he can perservere all his "gems" forever) And believe or not people do not run around in their indy cloths even close to as much as they do now if there is active robbers around.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

A new system doesn't need to be created. One wipe is enough to make a difference. For example all (crafted) items older than 2010 go boom. It's a girly version of an item wipe.

I think we had this same discussion 3 years ago. It was simply: item wipe vs. shit breaking faster... and it went nowhere. It's more than likely that the same will happen again.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

id lose my auros and i would have one reason less to log my priest.
291-697-526