Magic clothes get damaged

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What do you think?

Do it (1-for-1)
3%
Do it (magic patches)
19%
Don't do it
78%

Total votes: 67

Iktomi

Magic clothes get damaged

Post by Iktomi »

Might have come up in that other thread, but at the very least was thinking it would be cool if magic clothes could slowly get damaged during combat (like armor) and could only be repaired by a tailor who has to destroy another magic cloth (any type).

Could either do 1-for-1, for example, indy cloth can be repaired to full by any type of cloth or make it so that different numbers of magic clothes can be broken down into a magic patches (i.e. indy cloth requires 5 magic patches to be repaired, and can be broken down into 5 magic patches while a massive cloth requires 3 magic patches to be repaired and breaks down into 3 patches).

Why? This will remove cloths from the world and will ensure that they maintain value.
Quintoz

Re: Magic clothes get damaged

Post by Quintoz »

Since the "fix" for magic cloth drops it's close to impossible to find an indy so no, this is silly.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

boost the drop rate and then it's a yes from me. with magic patches
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Quintoz wrote:Since the "fix" for magic cloth drops it's close to impossible to find an indy so no, this is silly.
Agreed, cloth drop rate sucks too much atm for this to be reasonable. If cloth drop rate is increased, go for it.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Nope. Imagine hunting to repair your indies.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

There is a way to break magic cloth in combat with 2 different methods, also clothes decay like any other gear etc.

Enjoy finding out.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

First off I voted no. Why you ask?

The more popular skill clothing (Mace Fighting, Tactics, Swordsmanship, Fencing, Parrying, Meditation, Magery, Spirit Speak, Animal Lore, Musicianship...I am sure I am missing some, but you get the idea the big names in skills) will always have a market, people will stock up on an extra cloth for the popular skills if they can afford it, kind of makes sense to have back ups of the more crucial skill clothes.

Ultimately, unless skill clothing drops are increased drastically, I just don't like the idea of an Indestructible Kilt of Meditation, let's say, that I dropped an easy cool 1,000,000 gold for decaying. In the end I don't like the idea of skill clothes anyways but the cat has been let out of the bag and that's a whole other discussion somewhere else. Now I realize and fully expect to see the "well adjustments can always be made" spiel because of the other drop rate concerns as they currently are, but I just think that magical clothing should just stay as they are.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I think high-end clothing will always have value, so there's no need for a change.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Boris wrote:I think high-end clothing will always have value, so there's no need for a change.

- Boris
Ya, but low-end clothing has no value.

After I get the new skillbooks fully implemented (hopefully this weekend), I'm planning on working on a full loot review (due for completion in 2017).
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

i think ive hunted alot and i have only found two indys since last wipe. other was mostly useless piece of shoes of stealing. i got plenty of those subs-forty pieces of shit that nobody wants but no indys i could sell/trade. all my chars put together have like 5 indys. this makes me think i either have bad luck or drop rates just suck.
291-697-526