Magic clothes get damaged

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What do you think?

Do it (1-for-1)
3%
Do it (magic patches)
19%
Don't do it
78%

Total votes: 67

Quintoz

Re: Magic clothes get damaged

Post by Quintoz »

Iktomi wrote:
Boris wrote:I think high-end clothing will always have value, so there's no need for a change.

- Boris
Ya, but low-end clothing has no value.

After I get the new skillbooks fully implemented (hopefully this weekend), I'm planning on working on a full loot review (due for completion in 2017).
Low-end clothing has the value it has, it's used in PvP and that's it. If you think that a sub mace should be worth more then 50k you're out of your mind sir.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Iktomi wrote: Why? This will remove cloths from the world and will ensure that they maintain value.

Why do we have indy clothes if they're close to never be found?
Why do you want to get rid of clothes, specially when half of them are useless?

Currently, only valued clothes are merchant main/fighter main/magicuser main skills.

What about the rest? They hold no value.

indy detect hidden 10k
indy mace/tact 2+ mill

indy forensic 10k
indy smithy 1+ mill

seriously?

Add some value to _all_ useless clothes, before you start touching the good clothes.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

All clothes and all skills will never have the same value.

We do have plans for some skills and perhaps there will be more use for stuff like forensics, leadership and whatnot... but it's virtually impossibru for all skills to be equal value-wise.
Iktomi wrote:Ya, but low-end clothing has no value.
And it never really had. It's good that low-end goes cheap. The better stuff happens between forty and indy. A "+2" difference is not worth half a million (or more)... but that's when factor b) virtual penis comes in.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

If magical clothing is such a problem remove it altogether completely...

Perhaps after that you can come up with some neat new ideas for advancing forward in gameplay or perhaps add more valuable armours or suchs making that are awesome compared to current gear?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

There's no problem with magical clothing. They're fine as they are.

- Boris
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

This proposal would give value to all that useless crap cloths out there. For example, you find an indy forensic evaluation, well it would actually be worth considerably more with this proposal (as it is still excellent at repairing other cloths). Likewise, all the low-level more useless crap would also gain value for repairing things.

I'm not proposing any sort of fast decay rate either, like I'm talking hunting for a week+ in the same cloth before it would be at risk of breaking.

Of course, introducing a system like this could also justify increasing the drop-rates of magic clothes (increasing your chances of getting something useful).
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

So if you do this what are the odds that indy cloth drop rates will return to something reasonable? I know its a different topic but it ties in..
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Iktomi wrote:This proposal would give value to all that useless crap cloths out there. For example, you find an indy forensic evaluation, well it would actually be worth considerably more with this proposal (as it is still excellent at repairing other cloths). Likewise, all the low-level more useless crap would also gain value for repairing things.
That could work even now with the current drop rates - but then I'd make the system "more realistic". Magical clothing under armor would never get damaged while stuff "upfront" (robes, half aprons, cloaks...) would.

I'd still keep things as they are and pull out a rival idea - bwahahaah!

- Boris
Nymphea

Post by Nymphea »

I like this idea (if I understood it correctly). It would give an indy leadrship cloth a value of 5 patches to repair an indy macefighting.

Now all my indy leadership clothes and alike are valued as much as bandages they produce. :D
Percy

Post by Percy »

Personally Boris' idea was great. Makes a lot of sense imo.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825