Barbarian speciality

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What should be the barbarian speciality?

Increased chance of crit-hitting at low HP
37%
Chance for blowback effect at low HP
No votes
Blowback effect added to crit-hits
6%
1d3s paralyze added to crit-hits
40%
Grant full chains (no speciality)
17%

Total votes: 35

Zaradon

Re: Barbarian speciality

Post by Zaradon »

Alright guys, Boris likes to play a brick wall.

So, far far beyond the era when you were still playing your Bard, there was no such thing as Elemental System.
Right? That's right.

But when i talk of the Barbarian's view since those times, i've come to the conclusion that implementation of elemental system has weakened the barbarian's PvM abilities to the oblivion. They already lacked the physical defenses and took a lot of dmg from physical dmg, but nowadays. It's not only physical hits, it's also elemental damage included. Barbarians have recieved nothing ever since while other classes have been recieving numerous boosts. (statcaps/armor changes/weapon changes).
Elemental system ruins the barbarian class because;
Constant incoming dmg causing fingerslip -> very high chance to fail healing. i.e the more you slip the higher the chance.
Physical damage -> Been the same, incoming dmg has been increased due to elements.
Magical damage -> Been the same, incoming magic spells/breaths increased due to elements.

Barbarians may have a "decent" hit and the best amount of HP of all fighters.
Back to earth now. I dislike to compare but i am sadly forced to do it.

Knight vs. Barbarian.

Barbarian gets 35 more base str than knights ie. Barbarian 175/Knight 140.
Religious knights mostlikely buff themself which means, the gap is even smaller.

Ofcourse, religions should have a gain over the non-religious classes - That's what we're trying to reach with all the updates/changes. Great work, no doupts.

But...

Everyone has always repeated "Barbarians are fine" but they were only talking behind one scaling which was PvP.
Staff usually tries to pressure something about PvP/PvM/RP.

But all we spectate about is PvP.

Cause everyone likes to PvP only?

I dont think so. The same players who PvP, actually like to hunt as a team. Just to have fun, relax and whatnot.

So please, lets try to "fix" the Barbarian, regardless to what changes are needed (within the limits of common sense aka grey mass).

The options are more than welcome, but the Barb's wont get a thing fixed for their survivability, that's just another "fix" for the class to favor PvP.

But now that i've recieved more information about chain tunic, i revoted for 1-3 sec paralyze hit.
Why? Because as i sayd "Decent hit" - This would probably make it perfect for the class, special and whatnot.

Next suggestion (personal) would be to take a second look at the survivability part.

Thank you.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:Full chains is more of a joke - but I'll take it forward if needed. There's nothing special about it.

The idea's to add something special to each non-religious class (i.e. assassins and poison resistance, warriors and regeneration, etc.).

- Boris
4 people seem to think it's not a joke. What is the time for paralyzed individuals?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

1-3 seconds is what he was talking about.

The para time could also be increased (up to 6s) depending on the HP/skills of the barbarian.

Anyhow, if you need additional ideas for the para-crit hit, i'll gladly put some effort into it.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Where is the "none" option? Babas are strong enough. If you really need to change it for whatever reason, go for the critical chance at low health.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Zaradon wrote: Next suggestion (personal) would be to take a second look at the survivability part.
Only thing i can say about that is i disagree, even if barbarians defenses have gone down noticeably due elemental damage imo correct way to buff it up to make it fill its role. High incoming dmg, but even higher dmg output which ofcourse is currently a problem due its impossible to increase barbarians damage any further. So i think most useful thing we can get against monsters is this paralyze effect.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Yep, i also forgot to add to the reply even "if it's necessary". But i really hope the hit-perk will fix or make it more humane.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Zaradon wrote:Barbarians have recieved nothing ever since while other classes have been recieving numerous boosts. (statcaps/armor changes/weapon changes).
Barbarians have received a stats cap boost and all weapon changes are global. Or if I put the same conspiracy glasses on - all the weapon damage and speed boosts have affected barbarians more than other classes because they hit the hardest? Right?

What comes to the elemental system - again - every class has it the same. There's no discrimination against barbarians. If baba sets are now weaker than before, then plates are weaker than before. If fingers slip more than before, then everyone's fingers slip more often than before.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Johnny Walac wrote:Where is the "none" option? Babas are strong enough. If you really need to change it for whatever reason, go for the critical chance at low health.
I'm leaning towards this position as well. I really don't see the argument that Barbarians aren't "good enough" in PvP or PvM. The issue isn't with the class, it's individual skill + other factors such as patience and adopting a strategic mind (use of potions, weapons, armors, knowing your enemy etc.). Anywho, if other classes get a similar out of religion RP boost as well I can support the choice for paralyzation if it was more of a stun effect that paused the target temporarily (like rotting does) and had an RP notification IG of what the barbarian did and what the target was experiencing.

eg.: Johnny Walac has landed a stunning blow onto Zaradon.
eg.: Zaradon has received a stunning blow from Johnny Walac.

etc.
Zaradon wrote:Barbarians have received nothing ever since while other classes have been receiving numerous boosts. (statcaps/armor changes/weapon changes).
And? What is you point? They don't receive anything different from the global changes because they don't need anything. . . Like I've said though, if these out of religion RP class improvements are going to be across the board, then I can support it. Otherwise the class is fine.

Question: If barbarians receive paralyzing effect (for example) will that effect still be active while in a religion?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Firstly, we're just checking how opinions divide.

Staff opinion still is that there's nothing wrong with barbarians nor do they need anything. This isn't an official poll on a feature that will be implemented. So if you have no opinion, simply don't vote.
Tyrion wrote:If barbarians receive paralyzing effect (for example) will that effect still be active while in a religion?
Yes. We could even trigger a blinding effect (passing out from the incoming force) to the paralyze.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Tyrion wrote:
Zaradon wrote:Barbarians have received nothing ever since while other classes have been receiving numerous boosts. (statcaps/armor changes/weapon changes).
And? What is you point?

The global changes were involving all classes, statcap boost/weapon boost was global.
Other than that, Barbarians have recieved nothing.

Do you want examples?
Rangers -> Full plates, bless-able compo bow, rite fixes.
Knights -> rite fixes, decreased religion dmg.
Monk -> Knuckled gloves (elemental) / 100 med, studded armor boost.
Warrior -> HP regen. (Probably something more, but can't recall what they all were).
Barbarian -> Nothing except the global boosts - i.e Statcap/weapon dmg fixes.

And whatever capital w is saying is only concerning PvP/PvP gears + clothes + religion boosts.

Now, i'm whining because i'm not in a religion and i'm not getting buffs 24/7.
Im talking of the abilities of non-religious players.

And non-religious players shouldn't (theoretically) benefit from them as much as they do, this is what makes it a bit of too much imbalanced. The issue is still there and they wont fix it, no idea why.

Anything else?