Barbarian speciality

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What should be the barbarian speciality?

Increased chance of crit-hitting at low HP
37%
Chance for blowback effect at low HP
No votes
Blowback effect added to crit-hits
6%
1d3s paralyze added to crit-hits
40%
Grant full chains (no speciality)
17%

Total votes: 35

Zaradon

Re: Barbarian speciality

Post by Zaradon »

I like both of them aswell, altough the para chance would be more balanced concerning "all areas"

Crit-chance is ofcourse favoring one ground without mentoining.
dwight

Post by dwight »

a litle bit more chance to crit wouldnt hurt but paralysation? i really think its going out of the line now
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Momath wrote:a litle bit more chance to crit wouldnt hurt but paralysation? i really think its going out of the line now
I don't think its over the top if you had a 50% chance for 1d3 para on a critical hit
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If 1 hit out of 10 may paralyze, it's not over the top. 1d3 would be the absolute maxium and anything higher will never go through. I wouldn't bet my money on 1d3 either.

From what we've talked so far, I think an increased chance to crit-hit has the best shot. I'm fine with all the ideas, but I'd say that one could actually have a fair chance.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Double the crit-dmg in PvM and i'm fine with it.

Otherwise it's kinda unfair to onehit in PvP and do nothing in PvM.

Or, increase the chance x2.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I just realy hate the fact that crit hit/chance increase on low hp is totaly useless, because its certain death to be low hp near enemies and you are using slowest weapons in the game. So its not usable at all unlike many other classes whose features are atleast useful in all types of combat.

Also when baba is lower than 50% hp its on its weakest its basicaly impossible to recover from that near enemies and you wont get a chance to use your "crit" again because obviously you are gonna hit after enemy has landed his next hit, ghost cannot obviously do any hits back.

So atleast add something useful or wait for more ideas.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Zaradon wrote:Double the crit-dmg in PvM and i'm fine with it.

Otherwise it's kinda unfair to onehit in PvP and do nothing in PvM.

Or, increase the chance x2.
The chance to crit is the same in PvP and PvM. The damge calculation is the same in PvP and PvM. The only reason you can't one-hit most of the mobs is simply because they have so much HP... but thanks for the inspiration.
Ivan wrote:I just realy hate the fact that crit hit/chance increase on low hp is totaly useless, because its certain death to be low hp near enemies and you are using slowest weapons in the game. So its not usable at all unlike many other classes whose features are atleast useful in all types of combat.
It's not meant to be used. It's more of a mental thing (to players) and a life saver if it's your lucky day. We still see nothing wrong with the class, so actually waiting for a clear benefit is hopeless.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:

That's the entire point.
What's the gain for onehitting someone in PvP.
And ask the same regarding PvM.

Considering the "dice" we got on Pang, it is only justified for the barb's to have an instakilling ability in PvM, or atleast take a massive amount of HP in one hit.

Crits wont compensate the imbalance here, like - at all.

Oh well, atleast i tried.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Mental thing or not, imo its not worth of adding if it makes no difference... its like adding a priest rite that one hits every creature on shard but it requires 300 mana to be casted.

Whats the point of doing work for something that cannot be used? or has no way to be used.

Its just completely worthless addon, even if you somehow magicaly were able to get into situation where your health would be low and you'd be able to hit BEFORE your enemy, you either miss the hit or you wont land a critical unless its 100% chance to crit.

Its not gonna be like warriors regen that works all the time, or religious rites or poisoning etc. Its just completely useless ability.

Unless suddenly every player on shard uses iron weapons.
Meghana Arroway

Post by Meghana Arroway »

I think it's a wonderful idea.
Meghana Arroway - Aspiring Bard and Songwriter
Lyon Cera - A Buccaneer's Den former Thug, with emphasis on "former"
Alastor Wormsent - A priest without a job, does that make him a hobo?