Old robbing rules

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Bring drylooting back?

Old rules, cannot rob baseclass though
53%
New rule, cannot take anything of lower value
5%
No I like my stuff on me thanks
42%

Total votes: 43

Kent Strider

Re: Old robbing rules

Post by Kent Strider »

I know a few free WoW servers for all the pusses :)
Neku

Post by Neku »

Kent Strider wrote:It amuses me how many of you went on to do nothing but grind monsters and hold your gear precious.
not everyone enjoys being pwnt :ugeek: and some people might go on a rampage and throw their keyboards into their moniters :shock:
i personnaly don't mind being robbed because ive never owned any thing valuable on pang but its still annoying when i have to run to a town or an altar to get ressed and go back to find out that my horse has roamed and i have to run all the way back to a bank then to a stable to get another one :roll:
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

You and I both know that there are no new games out there that provide the depth and enjoyment that UO does.

As Ive said, I played Wow to like lvl 61 and got bored, not because of the lack of robbers, but because Hunting wasn't fun; I enjoy UO pvm because I can loose shit to it and hunting high-end mobs gives me the rush that pvp gives you. Some of us, like me, have a terrible connection and because we use vista (But like vista looks and wont go to XP) cant use 3D.
And pvp isn't fun when you get out ran in 15 seconds, but this is not by all means a anti-3D post, hell if people have FUN using 3D and increase the player base, then sure keep 3D.

Must I continue?

What people consider fun, isnt fun to others, just as what some people consider junk, it's riches to others.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Well Kenyon your argument is a good one, although this game has lost some of its depth, I always lost my gear but I thought it was fun.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

I admit its lost depth, but it's lost depth to those love to pvp and I feel for yas. If I had 3D/decent conn id be whining like a bitch too because I used to love PVP'ing against laws/teks/AG as an Imp knight but I always sucked because people could outrun me or simply pwn me.

I wouldnt honestly mind looting. Armours/weapons etc sure.

But at this moment some of us cant afford to loot such decent gear to people who may be wearing d-spines and deadly poison.

So yeah I think there's a solution but complete dry looting isnt it. Perhaps partial ;D

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I could agree with partial looting. Over time add things maybe, like right now we could add.

Gold, Gems, Ore, Ingots, Reagents, Hides, and Bones.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Nah, you lot don't want to be 'afraid of loosing your gear', you just want to be looting someone elses.
I whine, therefore I am
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

back long before i started to play there was a robber on the shard that when robbing ppl of there armor, he droppede his own crappier armor on the ppl he killed/robbed.

Maybe this could be a way to raise the looting, that a robber has to drop on the corpse/ground what he steals.

But dont know
Houston

Post by Houston »

People, just to warn ya'll do see where you aim with the robbing rules but think twice before you vote.

Ofcourse, some of you may never learn to make a fortune "the hard way".

But this is the easy and the weak way.

PvP doesnt consist about looting, means you dont have to get phat lewt for killing someone?
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Imo pvp has never been the "easy" way to get gold. Theres a very high chance you'll get pwned yourself by Law and Nature and whatnot. When Nox was active and robbing, they made a hefty fortune, but they also had their own indy clothes and ubergear with them, so they'd more likely would succeed in robbing the victim. And today, robbing is everything else but "getting rich easily".