I want shard to start from beginning

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

A new fresh start to everyone?

yes
14%
no
86%

Total votes: 81

Prince

I want shard to start from beginning

Post by Prince »

A new fresh start to everyone! Everything would be wipped. skills, chars, accounts
aldath c'om

Re: I want shard to start from beginning

Post by aldath c'om »

have you lost your mind?
291-697-526
Jax

Post by Jax »

No.
Prince

Post by Prince »

i just think a shard 15 years old needs a fresh start to everyone
dwight

Post by dwight »

I think that would kill pangaea
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Ten.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

My question is : how is 15 (or 10) an indication that a shard needs to start anew?
I am dedicated to 1 character and pretty much always around except occsational breaks and plus I probably missed the first 3 years of Pangaea's birth only. And yet I still am years from finishing training her. I think for some professions and skills it just takes A LONG TIME. It is a joke if you tell me we need to start all over now.

In order to start anew, we need everything changed. Otherwise ppl already know the location of things, what to use at what skill, what is useful and what is worthless. It will just make everyone macro long hours. What is the point? If everything is to be changed then there would be a "refreshing feeling" to it, but then why dont you build a new shard and start from there?

Could you please explain your reasons for why you think this is even an idea at all?
Prince

Post by Prince »

well i see people have reached their max and having no need to play more cuz there is nothing more to reach.
IMo this would bring a lot of older players cuz everyone will start equal and everyone will rush to be number 1
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Might get forum banned.

But maybe its time you find a new shard if you want to start fresh? Everything would have to be changed so that no one can rush to the top quickly. (Honestly in about a week you can have your character about 1/2 the way to heighten.)
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

You are saying two different things :
(1) For players who have 5 max characters and feel nothing more to do: Wouldn't simply wipe their own character and start a new one work the same? or you are saying they'd rather see everyone starts from zero with them?
(2) For newer players by being "Equal" you mean to wipe the time people have already put in because of the time some others have not put in? Like I said earlier, to really have your idea make any sense at all as far as "refreshness" is concerned, we need a completely new shard. Otherwise it is only about who has most time to macro to reach "number one" and that is just not right. Dont forget ppl took time to figure out those "guides" you guys are following. To be really equal we need to change that too, but then it goes back to "why dont you get a new shard built?"