I want shard to start from beginning

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

A new fresh start to everyone?

yes
14%
no
86%

Total votes: 81

Glarundis

Re: I want shard to start from beginning

Post by Glarundis »

doesn't make any sense.
if we need to restart to get the refreshing feeling, then we need to it in 10 years again, etc etc
the fact is, like bella said, some skills just take time, and some ppl don't powergame 5 chars to ancient in just 1 or 2 years. i myself have accomplished a total of 1.1 heighten gains in all my years of pangaea
if you have all the best items already and ancient chars or heightened chars and you feel there's nothing else for you, change your char's classes, or go for something new, join a religion and make sure it's the strongest one in pvp, or create the best guild in this or that area, etc.

many players spent years and years to achieve what they have. and tbh, i don't see why everyone starting from scratch will make old players come back. it's not like this is one of those fast games where like every 3 months there's a reset because for another 3 months everyone can try again to be the best.
in here, there will be an end to how good your char is, so if someone wants to start again but feels "i will never be able to be as good" it's not true, they just need to train their char for some weeks, after that it's just items and pvp knowledge
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Just wiping items/skills/chars wouldn't really help all that much, as the shard wouldn't have the unknown-element for all the oldies. It'd still be the same shard, and you'd know soo much about it and there'd not be much new to discover. You'd just have to macro the shit out of yourself again. That's why Pang2 would've had a shot, but wiping everything on Pang1 isn't really good idea.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Jyrgen wrote:Just wiping items/skills/chars wouldn't really help all that much, as the shard wouldn't have the unknown-element for all the oldies. It'd still be the same shard, and you'd know soo much about it and there'd not be much new to discover. You'd just have to macro the shit out of yourself again. That's why Pang2 would've had a shot, but wiping everything on Pang1 isn't really good idea.
This sums it up pretty much. Also LOT of the old veterans don't have that much time/will to macro anymore so you'd see them most likely quitting rather than starting anew.
I whine, therefore I am
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Jyrgen wrote:Just wiping items/skills/chars wouldn't really help all that much, as the shard wouldn't have the unknown-element for all the oldies. It'd still be the same shard, and you'd know soo much about it and there'd not be much new to discover. You'd just have to macro the shit out of yourself again. That's why Pang2 would've had a shot, but wiping everything on Pang1 isn't really good idea.
Yup, Jyrgen pretty much said it all. If we even consider complete wipe, it would have to change the shard completely. We'd need completely re-made world, dungeons, class-system, factions, religions and most of all a story-line. I'd be up for that kind of change, but I know it's too much work to even consider.
Prince

Post by Prince »

So the way i see starting a pangaea 2 would be a yes? Shutting this down... gms would have to script a lot again and opening with a brand new shard
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

dude just forget it.
291-697-526
Dioner

Post by Dioner »

I'm sorry but the whole subject made me laugh quite a lot. " I want shard to start from beginning."

I made a comeback myself also recently. One of the things that made it possible was that I still had my old account left. The playerbase still seem to build up from some old players that have used a lot of time to build up their charachters and ofcourse there are quite many new players also.

To think of the old players, not everyone has the time to build up all that from the scratch. People having their own families, careers etc. nowdays. So I bet shard wipe would make a quite hit to the playerbase.

And what comes to the shard wipe. Like many have already said, it would need to be a whole new world and background story which would need way too much effort and time.

Want to add one quote also:
For newer players by being "Equal" you mean to wipe the time people have already put in because of the time some others have not put in?
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Prince wrote:well i see people have reached their max and having no need to play more cuz there is nothing more to reach.
IMo this would bring a lot of older players cuz everyone will start equal and everyone will rush to be number 1
That's a personal perspective. Most of my achievements on Tyr tyr where put in motion before becoming heightened. I massaged those RP goals over time (years) and am only now starting too see the effects. As far as RP goes, the restrictions have slowly been removed. Character-wise, after ancient, you only have the RP.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

when you have a staff of 10 active guys and scripts, then this could be considered.
also, we already have very few players, we'd have even less and it would be certain death for pangaea.
unless you can find right now like 30 oldies who would with 100% certainty come back and be very active.
and i'm almost sure you can't find more than 5
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

It would do more harm then good. Big no ;)
(And Darion would probably kill himself. We can't be selfish do a thing like this for our own desire. Think of the finns)
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2