What do you want?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which area do you want us to focus on?

New Dungeons
18%
Revision of world spawns
11%
Revision of loot
39%
PVP Events (Quests)
5%
PVM Events (Quests)
7%
Merchant Events (Quests, markets)
20%

Total votes: 56

Johnny Walac

Re: What do you want?

Post by Johnny Walac »

I don't think it is the loot itself that made me stop hunting. It is the effort you make. Increase the hit-chance against NPC's with 70% and i'll start PvMing again. RNG sucks in 1-6 hours long PvM sessions.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i understand your point, but it's still relative. increase hit chance and keeping loot or keeping hit chance and increasing loot accordingly, will result in the same.

however, for the sake of annoyance i would have to say that it's better to kill a monster with the same ammount of loot it has now, but with damn less missed swings!!!

runs up
miss
runs down
miss
runs up
miss
runs down
miss
runs up
miss
runs down
0 hp hekh hit on dragon
... (repeat x)
1hp hekh hit on dragon
yay!a good hit!
Percy

Post by Percy »

increased hit rate, lower overall damage.

This area really needs fine tweaking very much so.

If you increase hit rate and lower damage, PvP wouldnt be one hit, run away heal, run back, miss, run off heal over and over waiting for that one shot.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Demian

Post by Demian »

Lower the damage and all classes with under 100 tactics become complete shit in PvM. As it is, there already are some mobs it just sucks to hunt with anything under 100 tactics.

And tbh, I don't think the hit-chance is that bad anyway. Not bad enough to sacrifice damage to have it higher atleast.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

If we're talking of increasing hit chance and stuff like that, I would make that a buff available through food cooks can make, it would give them something at least, than you could consider other things such as crit chance and stuff like that again for food buffs. But alas this is an idea for the ideas forum.

I wouldn't just change the hit chance outright.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The hit-rate isn't bad, some mobs simply are highly skilled. So what to do is simply to list the mobs that you think require work and then fine-tune. It does't matter if cooked food gives you a +5, +10 or +15 skill buff (on top of dbless), because dragons can have over 200 wrestling. Eventually PvM, just like PvP, is a matter of skill vs. skill. So the reason why you miss is simply because the skill check is 100+ vs. 200+.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I have suggested better accuracy for melee weapons. It would influence more weapon breaking and more fun in PvM area.

And what i dont understand is why isn't it easier to lower the NPC skill and increase the dmg? Its basically the same, considering how much stats the NPC's have, i dont think a tiny bit higher missrate vs. 100 tactics/fighting skill would harm anyone that much. I dont play my melee character (Barbarian) for only reason because the missrate vs. NPC's is just too high and that's the only strength left for Barbarians, its to miss and take damage for close to no profit.

I have tried 150 dex + druidbless with a maul and no - it doesn't solve the issue.

If you ask my honest opinion, some mobs would really need tweaking via fighting skill (I can help with that part). Since it doesn't make RP wise much sense, nor does it make sense in PvM wise.

The only strength Barbarians have, is their hit, but the potential of the hit goes down with the flush along with the brownies due to missrate and i have suggested it before.
And that's another reason why Barbarians are more to be seen on PvP grounds more than PvM grounds.

Barbarians hold no "perk" via PvM (altough, due to their slow hits they could have a perk to never miss only in PvM)
dwight

Post by dwight »

Still, I don't think there is nothing wrong with neither loot,, or the fail rates. Sure it's annoying as hell to keep failing, on dragons with priest for example, but I just think you have to use better/different charaters for different places aswell.

I truelly think we should have more places to hunt/pvp and have more action. We are achieving an era on our shard, where everyone is getting pretty decent skills, and more things to do are needed. Thinking a litle ahead from now, when all of us have found everything and all secrets and finnished trainings, won't we need new places for use our charaters? I think now is the time to start working for future action grounds.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The psychological effect of missing too many hits is staggering for some reason. I suppose you can't compare apples to apples with other MMO's where there is no missing in PvM apart from players failing to target their attacks. However, in those cases you have to work for your kills too, and it takes a lot of time and effort to get the loot you want. But it still dosn't conjure the mood of despair that a few badly timed missing sprees in UO will. A hit that deals 0,17% of a boss mob's HP in damage somehow feels less useless than an unfavorable mix of good hits and misses, if it can be applied consistently.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota