What do you want?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which area do you want us to focus on?

New Dungeons
18%
Revision of world spawns
11%
Revision of loot
39%
PVP Events (Quests)
5%
PVM Events (Quests)
7%
Merchant Events (Quests, markets)
20%

Total votes: 56

Dante

What do you want?

Post by Dante »

I think it's important to get a consensus on what everyone wants from the staff in the future and what they believe we should be focused on doing to boost activity/enjoyment.

Please vote! It'll help me decide what areas to focus on in the future as a GM.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Glarundis

Re: What do you want?

Post by Glarundis »

revision of loot

though if i had two options i would have voted revision of world spawns aswell.
i seriously don't think we need more dungeons. what we need is to fix the current dungeons and make them more attractive. we have tons of dungeons already, if you count them all. more dungeons is just something that will make you excited about it, then one month later you need another one, then another one, then another one, then another one...

if you have the dungeons you have now, but they're still worthy to hunt and well designed (spawns/loot/etc) those are more than fine
we have 15 (yes, 15 dungeons) and i bet most of us don't hunt even 5 of them. we are asking for more dungeons simply because the ones we have, we feel as if they're not even there
Demian

Post by Demian »

More dungeons. Most of the current dungeons we have are too full of crappy monsters and it just makes them not worth hunting (Shame, Covetous, Salos, Ice and Wrong atleast). Shame is borderline. It's decent loot with a picker, but even still, it's quite boring with all the exodus crap in last level and nearly everything in 3rd. And 1st and 2nd is skipped everytime anyway.

Though, I think the loot in general is fine. We just lack dungeons that have the good stuff in them that actually give good loot. So imo instead of doing dungeons like the ones I mentioned above, make dungeons that actually have high-end monsters in them. Also would like that something is changed about getting a doom ticket. Currently it's too hard to get, considering the team needed to kill DK is much bigger than the team that's needed in Doom.

So.. More high-end dungeons, or completely re-spawn some of the dungeons that are not hunted atm to make them more appealing. Only place that I think needs revisiting of loot is Destard. It's like 160k and apprentice books + only 1 guaranteed legendary when you kill only the mobs necessary to get to 2nd and 3rd as fast as possible. (4 Greys, 6 Greats, 1 Royal and 1 Ancient). Maybe add some other dragons in north of level 1 than just Greys and drakes? Other than that, loot doesn't need a change imo since most dungeons are just so easy atm and they don't deserve better loot.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Demian wrote:So.. More high-end dungeons, or completely re-spawn some of the dungeons that are not hunted atm to make them more appealing.
that's why i said what i said ;)
dwight

Post by dwight »

New dungeons, there are so many different in uo map
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Definitely less on the PvP.

Personally, unsurprising I am sure for most, I would like to see more merchant stuff implemented, it's my favorite aspect of Ultima and one that has been severely neglected over the last ten years. Sure, new items have been brought out to white wash over the fact that our merchant system is outdated but in actual every merchanting aspect needs a serious rethink.

A merchant quest system much like the one I proposed on the ideas forum would be excellent. As well as the Market Right system I had for the mayor system. This would make player merchants more available. A complete sit down and rethink of item production and availability in loot. As an example, most people do not buy wands for two reasons, they're a pain in the ass to make and they're all able to be found in the loot table and pretty regularly.

On the other side of the merchanting field, the classes themselves need a look at in terms of skills that are offered them, it makes no sense. A tinker gets 85 Lumberjacking and 65 mining, seriously? An alchemist gets 65 tinkering whilst a scribe gets 40 tinkering which does the scribe no good because it takes at a minimum 65 tinkering to make blank scrolls and at a minimum for the alchemist 40 tinkering to make empty bottles and did I forget to mention, the alchemist gets 65 mining, so in he gets the same amount of mining as the tinkering. The scribe also has it the worst as far as heightening, should anyone wish to heighten it is impossible to gm cartography unless you have a Master handbook of cartography or in my case a Christmas Present from the year before.

As for the crafting system itself, an update to the slider gumps is desperately needed, we're running with gumps that launched when Pangaea first came out in 1997, consistency is also another aspect, while some skills give you success and fail messages others do not or while bowcrafting for instance may give you fail and success messages on this item, when crafting other items it does not. Start and stop crafting messages is another one, albeit a minor one.

So, I know everything I said wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but this is somewhere I would like a little focus on instead of just implementing or adding new items to a class(es) to white wash they're shortcomings, the merchant system needs a deep scrub in terms of the craftibility of certain items (too hard or too easy?), the skills which are offered to the class (do they make sense and if not they should be changed, this notion of "this is how it is and how it shall always be" is ridiculous), a questing system would be nice for merchants and finally one I have advocated for on many occasions, more consistency in the crafting scripts and better crafting gumps.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

None of the above really. Everything I wanna see is on the 2DO already.

New Siege System
Mayor System
Tome Balance

Would be cool to see some long lasting server quest with harsh and changing consequenses. Just to make the world dymanic.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

New Dungeons

I do think we need some sort of a dungeon with auto-changing spawns, for now we all knows what's down in every dungeon and we know how to act accordinly, this brings no use for new armors/weapons crafted by smiths. But surprizes (auto-change-spawns) would bring more variety into the cave(s) and probably boost the market for crafted item needs.

Merchant Events (Quests, markets)

I was always waiting for a decent Merchant quest, i mean like - really fun quest, not only involving crafting, but like gathering up on smiths for example, across the entire shard and go assay all veins :P Perhaps, give a GM made assay kit during the quest time with 10 000 charges? ;P

PVP Events (Quests)

I am personally all up for this, PvP quests should happen more often for the sole reason of new players - they need space to breathe and evolve. Some players might even have different gamestyle (Not PvP'ing day and night) and thus would make Pang more appealing in all areas. Yes, i am still trying to cut PvM and PvP apart from one and another.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Its not on the list but id like to see more "secret quests", the ones that are not mentioned and must be stumbled upon through clues and perhaps require specific skills or triggered events to complete.

As its been said before its hard to know whats an actual quest and what's just leftover from old ones.
I think a clean up of old quest objects would be nice,
add some new fresh ones and keep them monitored in a data base or something. when they are completed it could trigger a wipe of the quest objects so that the problem is not repeated

not sure of the amount of work that would go into something like this but id be willing to help point out old quest objects to the gms for removal.
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Dante

Post by Dante »

Quick question, can you name some items that are quest related and still in the world? I can't imagine there being many. I'm taking all these suggestions/opinions into consideration.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.