Carpenter Boost - Remove the newbie Boats

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Remove it?

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes: 50

Johnny Walac

Re: Carpenter Boost - Remove the newbie Boats

Post by Johnny Walac »

I would lower the resources needed for crafting the boats thus lowering the cost of them. More people would buy them.

Carpenters need a boost indeed though. I would add more stuff.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Lily Shiar

Post by Lily Shiar »

Johnny Walac wrote:I would lower the resources needed for crafting the boats thus lowering the cost of them. More people would buy them.

Carpenters need a boost indeed though. I would add more stuff.
This.
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I must be perfect!
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Iktomi wrote:No. This will not solve the carpenter issue. There are quite a few other (better) options.

Also, I never found such a huge issue with making boats with my carpenter... not sure what you're all doing wrong.
As far as i understood correctly from Jonathan there was a huge bug about 2 years ago in the boat making, there was inscription check instead of carpentery skill check and so on... thus the fail rate was the same no matter which carpenter or with what skill you made the boat with. After it was fixed i think it got harder to make the boats.

I bet Ares or Jonathan can confirm this. Anyhow i'd recommend asking from carpenters themselves if there should be some fixing done to the material requirements, since its loads of work for low price i dont see the point in it, not to even consider that they wont sell at all times even. So if possible prices stay the same but the work load is reduced?

My opinion is that after this no further boat changes and start generating new ideas for carpenters. There will be eventualy something that can be added and will be sold even.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

maybe instead of a "fail" it could be more like

"You made a measurement error, you scavenge enough left-over material to make a lesser boat" and it could randomly pick a boat that is lesser than the chosen one

at least it wouldnt be such a waste?
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

it would also be awesome if they could make boats from different wood and come out with a different colored boat.

id pay extra for that
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

We could certainly lower the amount of resources that are lost when you fail. Right now I think it could be something like 33%.

If anyone recalls, when I was a carpenter I did a big rage post with all these calculations about how much time it took to make boats, and it actually worked that out it wasn't such bad business re: time vs. gold.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Elsabet wrote:Just get rid of carpenters, give tinkers and bowcrafters 100% carpentry instead of 85%. Make the carpentry skill work with armslore/item id. You lose tremendous amounts of resources trying to craft boats...its the most annoying part of it all..
Yeah, to be honest Carpenter seems to be the class that whenever we are supposed to boost it, it creates annoyance for everyone else.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Elsabet wrote:Just get rid of carpenters, give tinkers and bowcrafters 100% carpentry instead of 85%.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Glarundis wrote:
Elsabet wrote:Just get rid of carpenters, give tinkers and bowcrafters 100% carpentry instead of 85%.
pretty much i agree to this, but then tinkers lumberjacking should be boosted also
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i would leave it at 85 lumberjacking, since obviously bowyers understand more about wood than tinkers, since they with other materials. so for carpentry stuff with those high end woods you'd have to buy the logs or the customer would simply have to go to a bowyer