A new mid level all resist metal

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

A new +2/3 resist ore

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 37

Ares

Re: A new mid level all resist metal

Post by Ares »

Percy wrote:Just turn royal into a lesser version of Auropian.

From what I remember that ore needs fixing anyway, so instead of fix give it a new use.
What needs fixing? Royal's fine.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cmon you want knights hunting on vampire bones seriously? Just make a noobish plate suit out of it with 34-36 total AR and +2 all resistances and it will not be much better than vampire bone, but still worth the trouble. I still keep being asked what is best suit for pvm and i cant suggest anything realy below 100k, because they are all useless. Also its not realy that rpish to have knights running around in vampire bones instead of plates and so on...

EDIT: just for note bones and studdeds are supposed to be caster stuff anyhow
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

if you make set with 6pieces and all have +2 so u get +12/ and +14 with ringmail legs. i believe with those said 7 parts you can also have 16 on three of choise and +5 all. combine that with sandals of cloud u get 26,26,26,10. and all u need is auropian gorget,2dwarven olupious parts,2lhiolite parts,2malachite/2whatever gives u frost resist
or use same sandals and do 21 21 21 13. that isnt really a auropianlike for poor? auro gives u 40 40 40 40 with cloud sandals and ring legs.
or is the problem here that mixed set? u dont want to wear 4 different materials in your set? get auro then
Last edited by aldath c'om on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
291-697-526
dwight

Post by dwight »

Ivan I understand your point, but fighters also looses their minds for giant bone sets.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

aldath c'om wrote:if you make set with 6pieces and all have +2 so u get +12/ and +14 with ringmail legs. i believe with those said 7 parts you can also have 16 on three of choise and +5 all. combine that with sandals of cloud u get 26,26,26,10. and all u need is auropian gorget,2dwarven olupious parts,2lhiolite parts,2malachite/2whatever gives u frost resist
or use same sandals and do 21 21 21 13. that isnt really a auropianlike for poor? auro gives u 40 40 40 40 with cloud sandals and ring legs.
or is the problem here that mixed set? u dont want to wear 4 different materials in your set? get auro then
2 parts of dwarven olpious and 2 parts of lhiolite and you're already pretty much over 100k.

These ores specifically are too expensive and much of the reason we're having this discussion I believe.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Yes.

+2 with a little boost in the AR or
+3 with same AR as vampire bone
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

+3 is no longer cheap and common. The hide equivalent is white dragon after all.
Last edited by Cirius Do'Brim on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ved Dwight wrote:Ivan I understand your point, but fighters also looses their minds for giant bone sets.
Only barbarians and priests have advantage in giant bone, rest use auro simply. Also due boosted pants slot gives good advantage to plate users already, but this change doesnt really touch the high end part of the game it only changes the game for new players to have a proper suit to buy.

But if you see no point giving new players anything proper to wear instead of vampire bones, it cant be realy helped. Its not gonna be anything thats gonna change the world if the suit price hangs around 20-30k, because vamp bone suit is just slightly worse and practicaly you get them for 5k...
izanis

Post by izanis »

Its a yes from me IF its only gonna be a +1. i agree with ivan, there just aint an armor for less than 100k worth wearing. and since you close the noobish dungeons and make them harder i think its only fair for new players to get an armor worth wearing
If it aint broken, dont fix it....
Bird nest: 40 12 40 00
Dante wrote:_IF_ you guys can vote us to 6th I'll do my best to release another high end dungeon.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

izanis wrote:Its a yes from me IF its only gonna be a +1. i agree with ivan, there just aint an armor for less than 100k worth wearing. and since you close the noobish dungeons and make them harder i think its only fair for new players to get an armor worth wearing
Im all in for +2 even since 6 parts makes +12 only... if you use vamp legs you get +15 and with cloud saldals its +20 so not too much yet either since you cannot realy upgrade it from that anymore. It'd be exactly same as having a vamp bone suit (5x3 + 5) Ofcourse im not realy sure anymore if vamp is even +3...

If i recall correctly there is no difference between +20 and +25 all resistances (vamp bone with cloud gorget + sandals makes +25)

Still its not gonna replace any proper high end suits or be even a match for them, its just cheap alternative which price should be adjusted accordingly... if its too much more powerful than vamp bone just make the price 60k or more... aslong as it stays under 100k.