A new mid level all resist metal

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

A new +2/3 resist ore

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 37

aldath c'om

Re: A new mid level all resist metal

Post by aldath c'om »

vamp bone is +2 ivan
291-697-526
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Then need to recalculate a lil bit:

vamp bone suit = 10 all resistances + gorget + sandals

perhaps new suit of platemail = 12 all resistances + legs slot + sandals

White drag suit = 18 all resistances + sandals

So in the end the difference as minimal as +2 all resistances, unless you go and put cloud giant gorget in the metal suit, which i highly doubt. Depending on additions it would be better than white dragon suit, but still who even uses white drag suit nowdays? Its expensive and ele fiend is all that you need as a caster in pvm.

Oh and right we are talking about only platemail suit here, chain suit with ring sleeves would be exactly the same as vamp suit, though unreasonably expensive compared to vampire bones and most likely lower AR if adjusted to 34 AR in exceptional platemail form.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I think it's good to keep in mind, that if such an ore is created, it takes yet another slice away from tailors. I'm not saying bone sets are popular with Priests, but you do see them around... and after enchanted leather gorgets update, they're better than before. If I were a Priests, I would stock up cheap bone sets (and use ench. gorgets) instead of chain. Same thing for barbarians.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I've been tempted to buy giant bone armour suits instead of auropian platemail for my knight (much more cheaper), so I can easily see how it could take a slice from tailors market.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:I think it's good to keep in mind, that if such an ore is created, it takes yet another slice away from tailors. I'm not saying bone sets are popular with Priests, but you do see them around... and after enchanted leather gorgets update, they're better than before. If I were a Priests, I would stock up cheap bone sets (and use ench. gorgets) instead of chain. Same thing for barbarians.
As i listed above in the calculations, if the platemail suit is adjusted to 34ish AR it will mean that chainmail and baba mail suits will have below 30 AR, while vampire bone suit offers 31 without a gorget.

This would mean that there is no harm done for tailors, since these metal suit prices are gonna be higher than 10k atleast. No sane person wastes more than 10k at bests on vampire bone suit nowdays.

So in a nutshell, more expensive than vampire bone, lower protection than vampire bone as chainmail and baba mail. Thats how i'd balance it out to work... but its up to staff to decide, if they even want to create it.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Even if it's a small slice, it's a slice and we can't afford it.

As an alternative, forget ores and create a new material (dragon scales -> scale armor) and give it to tailors. I know they're ugly as fuck, but if a market is created for tailors, we're killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Even if it's a small slice, it's a slice and we can't afford it.

As an alternative, forget ores and create a new material (dragon scales -> scale armor) and give it to tailors. I know they're ugly as fuck, but if a market is created for tailors, we're killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
As I remember they weren't ugly when we complained that our guards looked ugly...

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Demian

Post by Demian »

It makes no sense that a metal armor as chainmail would have lower ar than an equivalent bone armor does. Which is vampire bones in this case. This armor should take the business to smiths instead of tailors. Magic users and possibly barbarians would still use tailor services though and rather get vampire bone set than this new set.

The same problem exists atleast in a few other bone sets. Atleast giant bones ar should be lowered by a lot. It makes no sense it has higher ar than an auropian chainmail set does. Which is even harder to get than giant bone set is.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Even if it's a small slice, it's a slice and we can't afford it.

So rather than giving plate users plates instead of vampire bones you want to eat away jobs from smiths... scale armours by themselves have been suggested many times on pang i take it and always the staff response has been negative. Reasons why it is negative is because: how good are they gonna be? which classes are gonna use them? Who will craft them? So either way we end up replacing chainmails with scale armours or they are gonna be as useless as leathers. Sometimes i just cant see the logic on pangaea, perhaps its not logic and reason which are running this place anyhow... I bet its the religions...
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Demian wrote:It makes no sense that a metal armor as chainmail would have lower ar than an equivalent bone armor does. Which is vampire bones in this case. This armor should take the business to smiths instead of tailors. Magic users and possibly barbarians would still use tailor services though and rather get vampire bone set than this new set.

The same problem exists atleast in a few other bone sets. Atleast giant bones ar should be lowered by a lot. It makes no sense it has higher ar than an auropian chainmail set does. Which is even harder to get than giant bone set is.
The reason why i suggest them being weaker as chainmail / babamail is not to eat the little of the tailor sales they got right now. Also this wouldnt realy affect you nor me if the new ore was created this way, because admit it you are never gonna wear anything like vampire bone again.

The matter about giant bone / auropian, im not gonna say anything about it, would hate to waste about 2mill if they suddenly get nerfed...

EDIT: sorry for double post, wont happen again