Events

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What kind of events would you like to see more?

PVP based quests
5%
PVM based quests
62%
Riddle Quests
16%
Player made events
5%
Markets
8%
Other...(Write what)
3%

Total votes: 37

Pecullia
Game Master

Events

Post by Pecullia »

We need to get some action going & since I lack imagination, your opinions will be helpful.

Also, if anyone has some ideas of events, or the like, that they want to have made in game. Your more than welcome to send a PM or to page.
Houston

Re: Events

Post by Houston »

All of them would be nice, circling from one week to another one, each event could last a week and going by circle.

You also can rely on players activity and their work "here"
Pecullia
Game Master

Post by Pecullia »

The "Quest Applications for Pangaea Staff." is very nice, thank you for the reminder Huston.

Some sort of quest or event each week, is not totally impossible.
Asking for a quest to go on for weeks straight, is a little more ..hmm.. demanding, than I think any GM's can overcome. Except Troy of course, he can stay up for a week straight entertaining you all :!:

What we are looking for in the longer quests are story lines, event types and so on.
I'm sure there are some guilds out there who wants to get some advertising or attention drawn towards them too.
A good writer, who loves to pull out some riddles for all to experience.
Or some players who just got this one special story of a fat dragon that needs to be killed for some reason.
Small or big, bring it on.
Sherrod

Post by Sherrod »

I could only choose one option so I chose PvM event but I would love to see more riddle events aswell.

PvM is just a straight forward bash the monsters kinda thing, which is fun when you have quite afew people trying to take loads of powerful monsters, or maybe even one super monster. The rewards in the quest in a PvM quest should me gold, ores, bones, hides and maybe afew magic items depending on how hard the quest is.

Riddle quests are fustrating but far from boring. At the start groups are formed then its a race for your group to finish first. Obviously with an NPC or two to kill along the way, maybe they will be 'guarding' something and make the riddles just a tad easier to find? The quest rewards from these type of quest should be;
First place - random crap like the old quest deeds + a unique item (Maybe deco, maybe some funky coloured armour part (no special qualities))
Every other place - Random quest deed full of the usual junk like gold, hides, bone, ore a few magic items

PvP quest these are fun, we do have these with tekstone at the moment, but new ones would be fun with some holy man arriving in pangaea and good people protect him, and evil people try to kill him.

Market days.. uhh they went ok but if any are held we'd need LOTS of notice so we can stock up and actually make a decent amount of money there.
Made by Adrian
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

I remember a long time ago a quest I was particularly fond of. It was with the orcs trying to take over Felucca or Britain. Riddle quests have to be well planned. Half-assing them only succeeds in making it over-challenging to the point of losing any appeal.
Neku

Post by Neku »

Geryn Farodae wrote:I remember a long time ago a quest I was particularly fond of. It was with the orcs trying to take over Felucca or Britain. Riddle quests have to be well planned. Half-assing them only succeeds in making it over-challenging to the point of losing any appeal.
lol, that sounds awesome :D
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

If it was the orcs invading, and you had a captain (a foot guard running around) that was me :D me and butch got bored and I asked him to do an orc based quest. Those buggers are hard in large numbers actually. Shame I've lost the SS.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Mike

Post by Mike »

PvM/RP quest suggestion: Imperial invading Umbra.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Neku

Post by Neku »

Mike wrote:PvM/RP quest suggestion: Imperial invading Umbra.
or the monsters from umbra invade luna :?
Troy

Post by Troy »

We have had several old quests dealing with things like this, I remember dragons invaded britain. One time all the bankers in the world were taken down to the bottom of destard and the players had to free them. Been a few others like that, they can be fun, Im looking for some really good rp builders things taht depending on what every player will do could change the course of rp. Im kinda tired of the plane old just kill this dungeon and beat a hard npc and your fine.