Combining strength + agility + intelligence potions

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow alchemists to combine greater str, int, agil into one "boost" potion

yes please!
75%
hell no!
14%
I wouldn't use these either way (don't select this if you are a magic user since this doesn't apply to you)
11%

Total votes: 56

Adram

Combining strength + agility + intelligence potions

Post by Adram »

It would be nice to combine strength, intelligence, and agility potions to create a sort of "boost" potion.
The convenience might help sell some of the more unused potions, allows for players to free up some of their backpack, and it makes it nice as you can just drink them all at once instead of one at a time and waiting for cooldown.

It would be fine if this only worked for greaters.
Last edited by Adram on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adram

Re: Combining strength + agility + intelligence potions

Post by Adram »

For costing i imagine it like this:

The Gint doesnt really get used, so its not really worth much to begin with. As an alchemist I would probably sell these at the cost of a Gstr + Gaglity combined, but i would throw in the int for free pretty much. None of them really sell as it is so throwing in the convenience might do it.

At least for merchants they could use all skills to help with crafting, etc (i think)

... but of course this is up to the player
Last edited by Adram on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I don't see a loss here. Even if they're semi-useless, the player base is rich (bitch) and they'll buy them because they're lazy.
Adram

Post by Adram »

I added the 3rd option "I wouldn't use these either way (don't select this if you are a magic user since this doesn't apply to you)"
Please dont select this if you are a magic user, magic users will obviously just use magic to boost theirself so please dont select this option because it skews the results since magic users arent included in the market

Also, adding this option seems to have erased previous votes so if you voted before the change please recast your vote
Last edited by Adram on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

For extra price it would always be convient to get rid of the +13 and +14 parts in those pots atleast. That seriously sucks to get suchs shitty boost out of the pot.
Adram

Post by Adram »

Ivan wrote:For extra price it would always be convient to get rid of the +13 and +14 parts in those pots atleast. That seriously sucks to get suchs shitty boost out of the pot.
I personally wouldnt charge extra cost. I'd sell it at the cost of G strength + G agility, the G intelligence would be free. They are extremely easy to make and arent worth anything anyways, so this is a win-win for buyer and seller
dwight

Post by dwight »

Yes.

Add somethign to make it a bit more expensive (rare reagent that allows the moisture) or smthing
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Adram wrote:
Ivan wrote:For extra price it would always be convient to get rid of the +13 and +14 parts in those pots atleast. That seriously sucks to get suchs shitty boost out of the pot.
I personally wouldnt charge extra cost. I'd sell it at the cost of G strength + G agility, the G intelligence would be free. They are extremely easy to make and arent worth anything anyways, so this is a win-win for buyer and seller
Extra work = Extra gold, thats how it goes on pang and well in life usualy aswell. But those 2 lowest boosts being removed would remove the greedy people from saving money aswell as give a small reason why to even make the Boost/bless potion (whichever the name will be). As far as i've understood pangaea havent been about making copies of things so this would fit in that mentality aswell.

EDIT:
Ved Dwight wrote: Add somethign to make it a bit more expensive (rare reagent that allows the moisture) or smthing
If we make it more expensive with no advantages, or minor advantages no one is gonna buy it then. So i suggest keeping the extra cost at mininum since its already work of making 4 potions practicaly that shall be enough for the price. Adding rare regeant would be nonsense.
Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

@ adram

not true.gstr sells sometimes, and gagi aswell.

ppl that don't have a religious guy to bless them, or a bard, will still use those potions. if you ask me though, it's stupid that you get those +13 from a GREATER potion when a guy with 40 eval int can probably bless you for more, and for cheaper (10gp or whatever)

i wouldn't throw in the total of the gwisdom potion, since it's 3 bottles combined into 1 so that already makes up for it, but i wouldn't just combine gstr+gagi either. it doesn't turn it into a 33% discount, but it's like a 28% discount or whatever.i would probably do gstr+gagi+some gp
Adram

Post by Adram »

Glarundis wrote:@ adram

not true.gstr sells sometimes, and gagi aswell.

ppl that don't have a religious guy to bless them, or a bard, will still use those potions. if you ask me though, it's stupid that you get those +13 from a GREATER potion when a guy with 40 eval int can probably bless you for more, and for cheaper (10gp or whatever)

i wouldn't throw in the total of the gwisdom potion, since it's 3 bottles combined into 1 so that already makes up for it, but i wouldn't just combine gstr+gagi either. it doesn't turn it into a 33% discount, but it's like a 28% discount or whatever.i would probably do gstr+gagi+some gp
yeah that sounds good too.