Combining strength + agility + intelligence potions

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow alchemists to combine greater str, int, agil into one "boost" potion

yes please!
75%
hell no!
14%
I wouldn't use these either way (don't select this if you are a magic user since this doesn't apply to you)
11%

Total votes: 56

Cirius Do'Brim

Re: Combining strength + agility + intelligence potions

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

It's no boost or bless unless all stats are involved. If that extra wisdom potion sounds like a waste (to some classes, definitely not for all), add more duration to the mix.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:It's no boost or bless unless all stats are involved. If that extra wisdom potion sounds like a waste (to some classes, definitely not for all), add more duration to the mix.
So something like this altogether:

Greater boosting potion:

Boosts users strength, agility and intelligence for a limited amount of time.

Crafting:
Greater strenght, Greater agility, Greater wisdom -potions
Material cost around 130x3 = 390 coins
Crafting time of 4 potions

Effect:
Instead of 13-21 range, its range would be 15-21
Slighty increased duration
Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

If you add a better bless, it's no longer the same thing as 3 individual potions. Extra duration is safe play.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Instead I'd recommend that the dice are thrown three times (i.e. 15, 13, 20) and the average will be the actual bless (16). That's safe play as well.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:If you add a better bless, it's no longer the same thing as 3 individual potions. Extra duration is safe play.
Thats true, but considering the usefulness and that bless times have not been a problem for me as non-religious player ever its only minor advantage. Afterall its a simple convience, only 2 points from the lower end. Its nothing mind blowing advantage, afterall if we consider the time it takes to make that 3rd and 4th potion that are kind of extra these would still be minor changes. (Gonna edit that crafting time there.)

EDIT:But afterall its up to staff to decide how it works and what kind of advantages it gives. But hopefully it is made atleast.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

It's not mind-blowing, but it's a boost and that makes it a problem.

When an idea turns into a boost, the chances take a nosedive. As long as the idea is all about "drinking 3 potions at once" and nothing else, there's a much better chance to be voted through. And lets be realistic here, this has been voted down already 2 or 3 times.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:It's not mind-blowing, but it's a boost and that makes it a problem.

When an idea turns into a boost, the chances take a nosedive. As long as the idea is all about "drinking 3 potions at once" and nothing else, there's a much better chance to be voted through. And lets be realistic here, this has been voted down already 2 or 3 times.
Well if this is considered as a "boost", something is seriously wrong. Two that slight changes afterall which practicaly have no effect on the game itself. Imo a boost would be something that would make it noticeably better. This would be just "convient" change.

But as you said only thing this poll is about is to show that players want a potion that has 3 potions in a one, its up to staff if they make it or not and if it will be just the same as the original three potions or if it will have better effect.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I know it's not a big deal, but that's just how the cookie crumbles. If it's just 3-in-1, there's no risk or fear. It's simply more convenient and it doesn't make g. str/agility/wisdom potions any worse. It's not a boost to the user and it's not a boost to alchemist markets.

One slight change that may have a chance is dice being rolled 3 times (i.e. 12, 18, 14) and the best number determines the bless (18). It's a long shot, but it doesn't make drinking the same potions individually (at least directly) any worse.
Ranokan

Post by Ranokan »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Instead I'd recommend that the dice are thrown three times (i.e. 15, 13, 20) and the average will be the actual bless (16). That's safe play as well.
Interesting.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Instead I'd recommend that the dice are thrown three times (i.e. 15, 13, 20) and the average will be the actual bless (16). That's safe play as well.

If the minimum is raised to 15 and capped at 20, these are GREATERS after all.
632-140-419