End of Ghuronius trial

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What do we do with Ghurnius?

Remove it from the game
49%
Nerf the religion damage reduction
20%
Leave as it originally was
31%

Total votes: 35

Quintoz

Re: End of Ghuronius trial

Post by Quintoz »

Athan01 wrote:This poll isn't a fair one as all the non religious people who probably don't even know how effective or ineffective this ore really is are probably voting.
A more accurate way to find out the opinion of in religions that use it is to select x amount of people from each religion and only take their non-anonymous votes into consideration.

Everyone has access to the ore and it isn't easy to get so keep it imo
It adds a bit of tactical play on the battlefield.
If I was in charge of a fight there was a "tank" in ghronius like Jerome for an example - send all the solituders/kill chant/magicusers on him and use all of the fighters to pick off the weaker people around him. What use will the ore have had there?
Such variety is just about to be yanked from the game from what I can see from these poll results - and imo it shouldn't be. Everyone has the same opportunity to use whatever they want so what is the problem.
+1

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Demian

Post by Demian »

Athan01 wrote:A more accurate way to find out the opinion of in religions that use it is to select x amount of people from each religion and only take their non-anonymous votes into consideration.
I don't see how a non-anonymous vote would be better in anything at all, than an anonymous one is. In anonymous votes people can vote on the choice that they really think is the right one, without any pressure from others.
Athan01 wrote:Everyone has access to the ore and it isn't easy to get so keep it imo
It adds a bit of tactical play on the battlefield.
Everyone has access to every other ore on the shard aswell. And I don't see how everyone tanking a shitload of damage requires more tactics. Knights are tanks even without Ghuronius and your tactics can be used without it.
Athan01 wrote:Everyone has the same opportunity to use whatever they want so what is the problem.
True, everyone can use what they chose to use, but if Ghuronius is brought back why would anyone use anything else except it? And if everyone uses Ghuronius, PvP will be more unbalanced than it is currently since some religions don't have the same means of dealing damage with rites than some religions. At the moment melee is a lot more viable option of dealing damage than just spamming rites. Which would change if Ghuronius effect comes back.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Put it back in as I stated on the thing before it was taken out the tests I did with boris/jon and others showed that it isn't that great except reducing some damage... I was still 1 shoted by jons 20 piety blessed Viking sword while wearing ghuro so you can get 1 shoted in it and still take damage in it. The other armors have their own advantages if you use them as they have effects like reflecting damage back.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Should have made this religion-only discussion. Recreating under religion forum.