End of Ghuronius trial

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What do we do with Ghurnius?

Remove it from the game
49%
Nerf the religion damage reduction
20%
Leave as it originally was
31%

Total votes: 35

Johnny Walac

Re: End of Ghuronius trial

Post by Johnny Walac »

Leave as it originally was

The ore takes away enough religion damage to create fun PvP. The instakill factor is reduced and with lower damage the PvP will be longer and tactics can be used. We all dislike getting instakilled so why people vote to remove the armor is beyond me. Everyone got access to the ore. And too people saying it's a tome issue, well fix the tome. Removing Ghurnious is not the answer.

And what variety? It's only Scarly and Kelt now. Removing an ore does not create more variety in armor usage. It creates the opposite.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Sorry but monks don't exactly get access to the ore. Or well, they get access to ringmail, but you know what ringmail is like and you can't even cast too many spells in it.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Jyrgen wrote:Sorry but monks don't exactly get access to the ore. Or well, they get access to ringmail, but you know what ringmail is like and you can't even cast too many spells in it.
Monk's shouldn't get access to the ore. You already got Piety, Melee, Spellbook and Healing.

You know I meant that every fighter in every religion got access to the ore.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

So it's alright for monks to get instakilled, but not for priests. Ok.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Jyrgen wrote:So it's alright for monks to get instakilled, but not for priests. Ok.
Priest is a fighter and Monk is a caster. It's very basic.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Demian

Post by Demian »

James Blackburn wrote:
Demian wrote:Remove. There's a lot more variety in gear now that Ghuronius effect is disabled and that's a good thing. Also gives smiths market, whereas Ghuronius gives smiths no market, no matter how many tickets it's each. That fixes nothing. If Ghuronius effect is enabled again, that would be the only ore used for religious PvP once again, and that's a huge loss for smiths and just makes PvP worse anyway.
why do peeps still wear only scarletite or keltrunius then? :D where is the variety? i agree with point that smiths don't benifit from ghuro armours, but do they benifit from kelt or shalrius?

can you explain how does it make pvp worse?
Scarletite and Keltrunius is already variety. You see that's 2 armor types instead of 1. Though those are not the only armors used. There's Daemonspine, Daemonskull and Daemonrock aswell. And no, smiths do not really benefit from Keltrunius or Shalrius, but like I said there's other armors that are used aswell. Scarletite and Daemonspine are both mineable ores that are very commonly used in PvP.

And Ghuronius makes PvP worse by making people withstand so much hits that it just makes PvP senseless bashing with no end. And it gives a way unfair advantage to Knights and Rangers in their already powerful rite resistance bonus. And since they don't even need a full Ghuronius set to get the effect, like Priests do, the get to use a high AR chestpiece which makes them even more impossible to kill. And Ghuronius also adds to the imbalances between religions due to some religions having better PvP rites than some which means some religions have way better ways of dealing damage than others. Everyone knows when your enemy is wearing Ghuronius it's more effective to use rites (Malleus/Keening and Veritas) to kill him than melee. And I though melee is the thing most people wanted?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Imo there's a problem when I rather want to play a baba running around in shitty gear and it's still harder to kill me then if I use my 50p priest that I DON'T want to play because I take 100+ hits from everything. PvP atm is so fucking boring the only time I log in to fight is temple defense.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

All in all, i do think Ghrunious effect should work for light armor users.
Heavy armor users should have an armor perk vs. holy rite dmg.

In other words 2 effects should exist in religious PvP;
Anti-religion phys dmg -> light armor
Anti-religion rite dmg -> heavy armor
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Demian wrote:
James Blackburn wrote:
Demian wrote:Remove. There's a lot more variety in gear now that Ghuronius effect is disabled and that's a good thing. Also gives smiths market, whereas Ghuronius gives smiths no market, no matter how many tickets it's each. That fixes nothing. If Ghuronius effect is enabled again, that would be the only ore used for religious PvP once again, and that's a huge loss for smiths and just makes PvP worse anyway.
why do peeps still wear only scarletite or keltrunius then? :D where is the variety? i agree with point that smiths don't benifit from ghuro armours, but do they benifit from kelt or shalrius?

can you explain how does it make pvp worse?
Scarletite and Keltrunius is already variety. You see that's 2 armor types instead of 1. Though those are not the only armors used. There's Daemonspine, Daemonskull and Daemonrock aswell. And no, smiths do not really benefit from Keltrunius or Shalrius, but like I said there's other armors that are used aswell. Scarletite and Daemonspine are both mineable ores that are very commonly used in PvP.

And Ghuronius makes PvP worse by making people withstand so much hits that it just makes PvP senseless bashing with no end. And it gives a way unfair advantage to Knights and Rangers in their already powerful rite resistance bonus. And since they don't even need a full Ghuronius set to get the effect, like Priests do, the get to use a high AR chestpiece which makes them even more impossible to kill. And Ghuronius also adds to the imbalances between religions due to some religions having better PvP rites than some which means some religions have way better ways of dealing damage than others. Everyone knows when your enemy is wearing Ghuronius it's more effective to use rites (Malleus/Keening and Veritas) to kill him than melee. And I though melee is the thing most people wanted?
you talk just like politicans in my country, there is also spirit stone and auropian, but i asked why do people still use keltrunius or scarletite only? and somehow when there was ghuro still peeps used ghuro and both of those armours, now they will use both of those armours only, so again where is the variety?

and rather i see pvp that continues than you get insta and can continue pvp as ghost
Demian

Post by Demian »

James Blackburn wrote: you talk just like politicans in my country, there is also spirit stone and auropian, but i asked why do people still use keltrunius or scarletite only? and somehow when there was ghuro still peeps used ghuro and both of those armours, now they will use both of those armours only, so again where is the variety?

and rather i see pvp that continues than you get insta and can continue pvp as ghost
If people seriously use other than Ghuronius for PvP then all I can say those individuals are extremely dumb. If such species still exist, they wouldn't for long. And when's the last time someone was even instakilled? I don't remember that happening in a long time. It's extremely rare and when it does happen, deal with it. Still better than PvP with Ghuronius.