Wands

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Solution for Wand issue.

Should we remove them from lootpool? (Make them only craftable)
25%
Should we restrict them to magicusers? (Nerf for priests/other high int classes.)
53%
Should we add a magery/eval check? (Basically, a mage boost.)
8%
Should be something else. (Add your opinion)
14%

Total votes: 36

Jyrgen

Re: Wands

Post by Jyrgen »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Theodore wrote:I think they should be restricted to magic users
What problem does it solve?
Priests shooting hellfires ain't exactly logical to me.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

to be honest i don't see any issue with wands right now, as long as their making works like this, hell no to removing them from lootpool.

priests shooting hellfires well it doesn't make sense just because its in fighter category, i don't see any problems with heightened priests or priests with cloth shooting that, bard for example is more fighter than magic user and he still use wands so i don't think it should be changed.

and nerf druids, necros and possibly monks to give something to mage is nonsense as well

and overwall those lower end wands will never have any use atleast while all magic users will be able to bless themselves
Demian

Post by Demian »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:Any item what requires more than one merchant to craft is destined to be out of the market as far as I'm concerned.
So I'd say solution is:
  • - make them easier to craft and requires only one merchant
    - limit them from the lootpool
This
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Jyrgen wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Theodore wrote:I think they should be restricted to magic users
What problem does it solve?
Priests shooting hellfires ain't exactly logical to me.
i can't speak for priests if they need the nerf but if the problem with wands is with priests, does it make sense for every other class to be nerfed for the sake of priests?

As a tamer i NEED to use life wands to res my helper. Or if im helping people with vet duty on a hunt and they all die i'd be more useless than i already am.

the eval int change could be interesting. Removing them from loot would be fine too, but better to reduce the charges on loot wands to 1-3.
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Something else -> no changes.

That's most likely the outcome anyhow.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Who dies while assisting a tamer? I've only seen dead tamers in that situation :P

Either way, there's no point in limiting merchants from this, only fighters. Merchants with high intelligence are usually rare and/or optional, and most of them have no use for wands whatsoever, not a big issue if a few tamers, scribes or alchemists get to use wands.
Dante

Post by Dante »

Main problem:

A fighter class using the wands.

Solution:

Restrict them to magic users OR Casters & merchants.

Other issues:

Are wands good enough?

I think so -> Hellfire & Healing works fine. Adding an eval boost will make them even better. If you want the utility wands boosting similarly to that of greater potions, discuss this.

Potential boost to scribes but nerf to caster: remove them from the loot pool, make them easier to craft and a scribe market. The major downfall is the potential supply/demand inequality.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

So mainly, the majority agrees about Wands should be restricted to magicusers only AND should be taken out of the loot.

Anything else?
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Let the poll run for a week or two. 18 votes isn't worth anything.

Otherwise I don't think any of the options is the answer. I don't like fighters (or merchants for that matter) with wands, but they don't deserve a nerf and if they're restricted, we're actually cutting wand markets instead of boosting them. Yes, scribes do need more market, but wands aren't the answer to that. Their popularity lies on them being cheap and/or free loot. Even if they were cheaper and easier to produce, their popularity would take a nose dive. Also efficient manufacturing is more of a 3 class job, where scribes play only a small part.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Restricting them from priests takes some of the market away of people who need the wands and also makes wands like magic reflect practically useless for its cost to make. I say just leave them alone, dont honestly see any issues with them?