stat-locking potion

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

is this worth implementing?

yes
13%
no
87%

Total votes: 45

Adram

Re: stat-locking potion

Post by Adram »

i realize it shouldnt be easy or w.e to keep your stats. But there is a challenge and then there is nuisance, which one is it currently?

i personally dont even worry about my stats right now and i realize there are a lot of other characters that dont, but for characters like ivans how much do you gain on one successful itemID or something of that nature? I just think its gone too far when you have to start avoiding some of your basic skills.
I have an alchemist, and i dont think the market thing is a huge deal. If it changes it changes, still lots of pots to sell
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

I voted yes - I realize how this would be a pain to script... I don't know if its the best solution but I'd just like to add that chugging vamps and clumbsies is walking that fine line between being an understandable feature and a complete chore. Only so much prepping one can be arsed to do between outings and statcap balancing is one of the worst. Even if you're not min-maxing you can slip up and lose a day's worth of strength training in a matter of seconds. One of the most rage inducing things in the game IMO.

I'd just like some kind of change - or ANY kind of change to be considered. Less chores more fun please!
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Quintoz wrote:
Ivan wrote:Reason it is important, is because there is no other way to improve your character further. Besides stats are essential part of your character, especialy for those that use slow weapons. Even 10-20 dexterity has huge effect on halberd swing speed.
and that's why we have stat adjusting potions to start with, if you want a min-maxed character that's fine but don't come crying about how much gold you're paying to keep it that way.
This change aint made because the alchemists would lose their gold, im not crying about gold here at all... i simply stopped training the heightens on archer half because of this reason.

Im telling you guys how much nuisance it is, how unnecessary this whole system is currently and why the hell keep it anyways... it makes just things harder for new players since you have to teach them stat system aswell... instead of having the normal ultima online statlocking.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Ivan wrote:
Quintoz wrote:
Ivan wrote:Reason it is important, is because there is no other way to improve your character further. Besides stats are essential part of your character, especialy for those that use slow weapons. Even 10-20 dexterity has huge effect on halberd swing speed.
and that's why we have stat adjusting potions to start with, if you want a min-maxed character that's fine but don't come crying about how much gold you're paying to keep it that way.
Im telling you guys how much nuisance it is, how unnecessary this whole system is currently and why the hell keep it anyways... it makes just things harder for new players since you have to teach them stat system aswell... instead of having the normal ultima online statlocking.
Its pang bro.