Year 2013 in review

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How do you rate 2013?

5 (Great)
34%
4 (Good)
34%
3 (Average)
28%
2 (Bad)
2%
1 (Horrible)
2%

Total votes: 50

James Blackburn

Re: Year 2013 in review

Post by James Blackburn »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
James Blackburn wrote:look at the % half voted for removing while half voted for for staying with or without nerf, so that clear majorty thing this bs imo, make an other pool with 2 options, remove or stay with/without nerf, not split the votes for those who want it to stay
Errh, those are 3 very different and distinct options and I don't see why nerf and keep as it is should be combined into 1 vote when they are two totally different things?
From the poll topic:
  • 1. Remove 48%
    2. Keep it as it is 28%
    3. Nerf (combined) 24%
I'd say that is pretty clear vote results no matter how you want to put it.
clear vote results for remove? since when nefing is same thing as removing? and if 48% is clear majority i'm donkey
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I agree with James it is kinda annoying how both times over 50 percent of the shard wanted it kept or just changed a little and it is gotten rid of because there are 2 votes for keep and 1 vote for get rid of. Like James said should make a poll with get rid of and then the other option is change/keep and if majority vote change/keep then go on and make a poll on leave as is or how to change it.

Besides the Hiring of Mox and Dantes weird obsession with these pleasure sticks I think that 2013 was amazing. Plus we got rid of Boris sorta so who can complain :)
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Never say never. Another staff, another day.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Johnny Walac wrote:Ghurnious Nerf made it a 3 for me. Would have been higher otherwise. Fucked with the whole religion PvP.

Equal Tomes 2014 here we go.
This, really. Ghuronius nerf took the fight out of the boys. That averaged out all the good stuff.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I tought you were good pvp'ers regardless of the items?

The truth comes out.

It's still not what we're talking here about
Masano

Post by Masano »

James Blackburn wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:
James Blackburn wrote:look at the % half voted for removing while half voted for for staying with or without nerf, so that clear majorty thing this bs imo, make an other pool with 2 options, remove or stay with/without nerf, not split the votes for those who want it to stay
Errh, those are 3 very different and distinct options and I don't see why nerf and keep as it is should be combined into 1 vote when they are two totally different things?
From the poll topic:
  • 1. Remove 48%
    2. Keep it as it is 28%
    3. Nerf (combined) 24%
I'd say that is pretty clear vote results no matter how you want to put it.
clear vote results for remove? since when nefing is same thing as removing? and if 48% is clear majority i'm donkey
Im with James on this one. To me that shows the majority (52%) didnt want it removed completely... but lets not forget this isnt a democracy either.

As far for the year as a whole gotta give it a 3/5. Some pretty epic butt-raping nerfs to Law that came without any consultation or prior warning to Law players from staff which has left a sour taste in my mouth despite all of the other changes that on the whole have improved the shard greatly.

In 2014 I hope to see the focus switched from PvP to other things such as Adventurers guild system overhaul, full loot review, mayor system, Huge RP quests with intertwined stories that effect the world and new craftable things for all of the merchants.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Masano wrote:Im with James on this one. To me that shows the majority (52%) didnt want it removed completely...
48% were happy with the decision to remove it.
If it was nerfed, 24% would have been happy.
If it was kept as it is 28% would have been happy.

We're talking about 3 different options with different outcome, not 2.
If you have apple, orange and a banana, and ask 10 people to vote for one to be kept and 3 says orange, 3 says banana and 4 says apple.
Apple is still majority of the votes even it's not over 50%. Can't be that hard to comprehend.

Also who's saying that those who wanted it nerfed rather keep it than to remove it? No-one, you're making assumptions.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yep, that's why it's very simple. 75% does not like how it works now (majority?).

So do we want to get rid of it or just nerf it somehow?

Of course the result can be known already, pretty much everybody who voted for keep it as it is now, will vote for nerf and then the result will be 50-50.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

To be perfectly fair we should have a new vote with the two most voted options: 1. Remove completely, 2. keep it as it is. Without the nerf option we will see what the majority truly wants.

Other than that Basil's right. 48% versus 28% OR 24% is CLEAR MAJORITY. I know it's not above 50% of all voters, but you should not compare it to the combined 28% and 24%, but to each one individually.

Another simple example: Say we were to add a new monster and we are given the choice to vote on 5 different name suggestions. Option 1 receives 40% of the votes, options 2, 3, 4 and 5 receive 15% each. Even though 40% isn't over half of the voters, it's still clear majority. Or do you think we should name him by option 2 for no reason at all? Or a combination of the names 2, 3, 4 and 5 because they gained total 60% of the votes? Or leave him nameless? Nah, at best you'd pick the two options that received most votes and have another poll or just go with the option that clearly had the most votes.
Dante

Post by Dante »

Let's not let this topic become a ghuronious related one please!

Highlights:

Becoming a GM

Downside:

Becoming a GM
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.