Adv. Tickets.

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should adventure tickets be converted with IG coins?

Yep
34%
Nope (State your reason if you chose this option)
66%

Total votes: 47

Cirius Do'Brim

Re: Adv. Tickets.

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

tehsquish wrote:I still look at it this way however - Phoenix bone is 2nd best PvM bone suit. I can get a suit for around 125,000... Should shalrius really be a 500,000 suit? That's like 4x as much? Also I can get giant bone suit for like the same price or cheaper...
You can't really jump from ores to bones. You can compare auro plates and then shalrius plates, and state that auro plates are 2 times more expensive than shalrius plates. If that's the case, that's more than fair. In some scenarios, shalrius plates actually beat auros.
tehsquish wrote:I have no doubt they'd be more resonably priced if they could be mined or collected from killing some big monster.
The second one already applies.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

That's all well and good - I understand Shalrius is very nice armor.

However having 2 very high end sets does nothing help people who can't afford armor to hunt.

I'd be fine with lessening its effect slightly even - if it meant being quite a bit more accessible.

Either that or make Royal suuuuuper cheap. Like 100kish cheap.

Edit: Also killing ants doesn't count =P is there a mob that reliably drops a decent quantity? If there is I apologize and need to find this mob to start hunting it.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

No thanks, I'd rather shalius be as difficult to obtain as it is and still retain its awesome capabilities. On a shard like Pang, shalius is the one ore that brings happiness and joy to those who have it.

It's not too difficult to obtain, you do need to accumulate the ores. However, we don't make auropians easier to obtain so that more players can have it, do we? For the benefit that you get, it comes at a price. If you want a shalius-like armour that's cheaper, just buy fewer shalius armour parts, though I do think royal should be looked at but this is for another topic altogether.

As for rich players getting more stuff- you get out what you put in on this shard, rich players didn't get their richness by laying on their asses or abusing the system (I hope...).
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Edward Sinclair wrote:No thanks, I'd rather shalius be as difficult to obtain as it is and still retain its awesome capabilities. On a shard like Pang, shalius is the one ore that brings happiness and joy to those who have it.

It's not too difficult to obtain, you do need to accumulate the ores. However, we don't make auropians easier to obtain so that more players can have it, do we? For the benefit that you get, it comes at a price. If you want a shalius-like armour that's cheaper, just buy fewer shalius armour parts, though I do think royal should be looked at but this is for another topic altogether.

As for rich players getting more stuff- you get out what you put in on this shard, rich players didn't get their richness by laying on their asses or abusing the system (I hope...).
I'm fine with keeping it the way it is as well - but we still need some kind of mid level platemail.

Nobody else seems to realize there is a problem - I can tell you there is - my account is only about a year old and my main character an abandoned warrior because I simply couldn't afford to gear him.

My mage on the other hand I geared quite easily and am now able to be a productive character.

I understand you all don't want anything high-end changed but that also doesn't mean we have to make the game shit for noobs. There's a serious balance issue with the cost of platemails. Honestly it doesn't affect me now - I have money and the means to farm materials. However others don't.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I believe the topic you're talking about is here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12817

The reasoning about why the topic lost interest may have something to do with blacksmiths taking away a part of the market from tailors. Giant bone armour is very decent and costs half a million, auropian platemail is easily double that amount. Again, this strays from the current topic :/
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Yes sorry I'm off topic however I feel like the original point of the advent guild was to gear up people in preparation for hardcore hunting / pvp.

Now its just an annoying place we put items we want to make 300x more expensive than they should be. At least I'm illustrating the flaws with this approach. Back on topic now sorry.

Edit: Also I voted "No" on the poll because I still don't understand how it will make anything to do with the adventurer's guild any better.
Dante

Post by Dante »

The 2/3+ resist ore is a go ahead and is being implemented FYI just be patient. ;)
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Just as a note, I've about half-way installed my own test shard, which is the precursor to me properly doing some scripting. One of my first projects is going to be to fix the adventurer guildmaster (making it so you can't just cycle through quests), and also adding all the other dungeons (maybe tweaking some of the rewards), etc.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Iktomi wrote:Just as a note, I've about half-way installed my own test shard, which is the precursor to me properly doing some scripting. One of my first projects is going to be to fix the adventurer guildmaster (making it so you can't just cycle through quests), and also adding all the other dungeons (maybe tweaking some of the rewards), etc.
If cycling is removed, all the pointless quests better also go (i.e, get 5 snow orc heads or whatever).
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

There could be an option to pick quest deeds aswell, with an unique mob (depending on dungeon lvl i.e -> low-mid-high)

But ofcourse this poll is pretty much done and i guess we should open a new idea section?