Should we remove Ores from the loot pool

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Remove ores from the loot table

Yes
25%
No
71%
Not sure
4%

Total votes: 51

Dante

Should we remove Ores from the loot pool

Post by Dante »

Title says it all, seen a few suggestions for it, I want to know what the rest of you think?

All ores would become mineable or alternative waves to get them made available.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Demian

Re: Should we remove Ores from the loot pool

Post by Demian »

Voted no. Smiths have enough ores already that they make profit from. The high-end ones should be huntable imo. And removing them from lootpool would make hunting less profitable so I don't think that's good either.

Though the ores that are minable currently should be removed from lootpool imho. Like snograz, scarletite, dspine.
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Demian wrote:Voted no. Smiths have enough ores already that they make profit from. The high-end ones should be huntable imo. And removing them from lootpool would make hunting less profitable so I don't think that's good either.

Though the ores that are minable currently should be removed from lootpool imho. Like snograz, scarletite, dspine.
I agree. Manny people hunt for Ores/hides reward. Removing them from mobs would make hunting no fun at all...
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Voted yes, the current amount of minable high end ores is just a complete joke. And the amount of veins of them aswell.

Compromise: Add veins, don't remove them from loot pool.
Last edited by Hilda on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

No, because Jesus.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

If the loot is compensated in another way, why not? Ores should be minable and those ores that would be minable but preferred to be rare, one can just have a single vein in the entire shard as the "ore bottleneck". The other thing not mentioned is, would ALL ores be removed from the loot pool or just a lot of what we currently have right now?

Make ores/ingots something only smiths can obtain
Make wands/scrolls something only scribes can make
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Edward Sinclair wrote:If the loot is compensated in another way, why not? Ores should be minable and those ores that would be minable but preferred to be rare, one can just have a single vein in the entire shard as the "ore bottleneck". The other thing not mentioned is, would ALL ores be removed from the loot pool or just a lot of what we currently have right now?

Make ores/ingots something only smiths can obtain
Make wands/scrolls something only scribes can make
this. voted yes!
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I guess my vote depends a lot if there's going to be a compensation. If it's just another loot nerf, then it's obviously no, because imho the loot as it is is already too poor for my taste.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I agree with the notion something would have to replace it. Since I can't logically think of anything worthy of doing so, since we have new alternatives to loot added recently. I believe I'm voting no on this one.
632-140-419
Dante

Post by Dante »

I'm against any increase in the amount of gold being added as compensation.

Skillbooks seem balanced.
Magicals items - this could have an impact on the smiths aswell so no to this.
Increase cloth drop rate and add some form of system to merge cloths?

Huh I dunno.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.