Reducing price for drakes

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make drakes sell for 2.500 gold each.

No, because
48%
Yes
52%

Total votes: 44

Mox

Reducing price for drakes

Post by Mox »

Currently you tame drake and sell it to the NPC.
Drake = 4.000
frost drake = 5.000

Seeing how tamers can make up to 120.000 gold this way in less then 14 minutes makes it quite overprofitable.

Quick fix: make drakes sell for 2.500 gold each.
Dargon

Re: Reducing price for drakes

Post by Dargon »

Yes, definitely!
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Palma

Post by Palma »

That's saying tamers can tame 40 drakes in 14 minutes.
If that's correct, imo shouldn't be their price, but less spawns or longer to tame.

If the the time it takes to tame 40 drakes ain't 14 minutes and is something like 1 hour or more, imo I don't see anything wrong with it considering the risk they have and amount of gheals needed, having cloths, fear to get robbed without defense, need to have a gater, etc.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

its kinda hard to believe that a tamer can gat 40 drakes in 14 mins, and alone he can't do anything, so its a no, i don't see anything bad with tamer being a merchant that can actualy make money
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

It's actually 24 to 30 drakes depending whether they are frost drakes or regular drakes. Either way, that's one drake every 30 second. Where doing that might be possible, I've hard time believing the tamer has worked alone.

Can you shed some light to the matter and especially to the circumstances where the tamer does it that quickly?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Tamers are the most profitable class anyway, there's no resources needed to get gazillions.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

lols.. theres i think around 10 drakes at jhelom randomly

usually spawns 1 spectral
2 frost
the rest normal

so thats about 35k lets say (leaving out the spectral that cant be tamed until 90s).

if i did it now (almost GM) id *guess* it would take me about 20-30 mins if i dont screw up. for young tamers it can take hours.

if the remaining 30 are at destard.. good luck to any tamer going there, there is no cover, lots of mobs in every direction and no banks/healers/stables around. I never go there alone, and if i am there its not for the drakes. I'm not going to cast a vote, but if you want to watch me do a full taming in jhelom to get an idea i can help..
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Zaradon wrote:Tamers are the most profitable class anyway, there's no resources needed to get gazillions.
lots of resources needed + hunting parties + time + good luck setting up a macro
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
dwight

Post by dwight »

I think price for drakes should maintain, it's not easy life like you make it sound.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Ved Dwight wrote:I think price for drakes should maintain, it's not easy life like you make it sound.
I've got a GM tamer, that's why i told they should be made cheaper. It's idioticly easy to get money on tamer and everyone know it who has one..

It's easy when you use your brains and dont lure 10 of them into one place. Yes, you need another dude to gate and sell them, even if you split the money, it's a lot faster to train a smith, go mining, sell items yadayada.

I agree with the part that you still can die and need gheals and can be robbed, but so can everyone else who earn big bucks hunting etc.

EDIT: If it wouldnt be wrong, there wouldnt be tamers spending 450k for a master book constantly.
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....