Reducing price for drakes

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make drakes sell for 2.500 gold each.

No, because
48%
Yes
52%

Total votes: 44

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Reducing price for drakes

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Taming nightmares in Moonglow is easier and more profitable than Jhelom drakes are. The money is good, but definitely not 120 000 in 14 minutes. Closer to 1000 gold a minute? It requires high taming and is not macroable.

Master tamers in training are probably already pretty rich because they train with expensive high-end animals. They have money as they've combined training with money making for a long time. This explains the high prices they pay for master books, alongside with the fact taming gains aren't always easy to get.

I got 2 heighten gains while taming mares and drakes for approx. 2 million gold, which would mean 90-100 alone would get you perhaps 10 million gold.

Destard I rarely visit because of the long trip to Skara stables.

So, I voted no, because: a drake is generally more annoying to tame than a nightmare, still it gives less gold. The drakes can be angered, unlike mares. The drakes spawn in big groups, which requires luring, unlike mares. For me, the drakes are only an option if mares are already tamed, and even then I often skip and just randomly check if the mares have spawned.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

The problem is still in Destard. Even if nightmares give more gold, they don't spawn as often as drakes in the pit of doom. I think there's like 30 drakes and you can grind them. When you tame 15, another 5 have already respawned. That's the problem and the real money mule.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

So change Destard then, to also make it less annoying to fight in.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Jyrgen wrote:So change Destard then, to also make it less annoying to fight in.
yeah
you're fighting the dragons and then more drakes keep appearing to break your hekhranish!
Ares

Post by Ares »

The drake respawntimers in Destard have been increased. We'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:The problem is still in Destard. Even if nightmares give more gold, they don't spawn as often as drakes in the pit of doom. I think there's like 30 drakes and you can grind them. When you tame 15, another 5 have already respawned. That's the problem and the real money mule.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10619&p=95076&hili ... awn#p95076

I told you so... a year ago. Who's bright idea was it to increase the drake spawn to deter people from hunting Destard when what should have been done was increase the spawn time of the greats, royals, ancients, etc., so it can't be farmed so much by hunters or tamers?
Mox

Post by Mox »

Irony though; I nerfed the drakes into oblivion at destard yesterday.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

the shard won't stand for that, that's why it's still down
Nymphea

Post by Nymphea »

I seem to have spotted the problem here:

Reducing the price of the drakes would be logic IF there were only maxed tamers around. Cause the tamers with already maxed taming can make pretty easy money raiding drakes all the time.

This, however, introduces a problem with tamers in training: drakes a cruical for gains. Before a tamer can actually start taming those, a looooong training is needed with animals that aren't even nearly as profitable; not to mention, those animals are usually riden/surrounded by mobs. This means tamer needs help, it means tamer needs gheals and we all know those don't grow on fields.

So all in all, I voted no, since tamers in training only get some profit with those drakes when they reach over 75 taming and if anyone of you ever tried to train a tamer, you will agree is pretty damn hard job. If it's easy money after trained, well, it compensates long time spent training taming w/o macroing and with lots of running, lots of dying and whatnot.

Reducing drake number on pang, well, why not. Although, why not increasing other tameable animal with same chance of gains but less profitable. Those few odd wolves that run about aren't even nearly enough.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:No, because you should adjust the spawns, not the price(s).

Clearly the main problem is Destard. Add normal spawning timers to the pit of doom and/or reduce the amount of spawns.
Isn't it cool how the awful feature of massive drake spawns, that made hunting there annoying, now has been turned around into an advantage by tamers? That's adaption.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota