Reducing price for drakes

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Make drakes sell for 2.500 gold each.

No, because
48%
Yes
52%

Total votes: 44

Zaradon

Re: Reducing price for drakes

Post by Zaradon »

Bestia Domare wrote:
Zaradon wrote:Tamers are the most profitable class anyway, there's no resources needed to get gazillions.
lots of resources needed + hunting parties + time + good luck setting up a macro
Not sure what do you need as a resource to gain coins with just clicking a button.

It's not like you're wasting bandages to tame or anything.

Only resources you need are gheals.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

yeah gheals are the main thing, and they arent cheap. Imagine healing yourself without bandies while being surrounded by drakes. If you want to be done in a reasonable time, potions will be used a lot.
there is also Gregens, proper frost/fire gear, resist charges + several backup sets, and the drakes spawn like twice a day.. so if someone else has tamed them, or they have been killed. you are out of luck for a while

If you have someone helping you, (magic user etc), they always expect a cut. But the main thing is, there is no macroing.
unlike every other merchant, tamers cant just go AFK and tame drakes.

honestly i dont care if its reduced to 2500. Its only making it harder for up and coming tamers. I cant speak for other GM tamers, but i dont bother taming drakes anymore.

if your goal is to make it harder to train a tamer, then go for it
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Bestia Domare wrote:yeah gheals are the main thing, and they arent cheap. Imagine healing yourself without bandies while being surrounded by drakes. If you want to be done in a reasonable time, potions will be used a lot.
there is also Gregens, proper frost/fire gear, resist charges + several backup sets, and the drakes spawn like twice a day.. so if someone else has tamed them, or they have been killed. you are out of luck for a while

If you have someone helping you, (magic user etc), they always expect a cut. But the main thing is, there is no macroing.

honestly i dont care if its reduced to 2500. Its only making it harder for up and coming tamers. I cant speak for other GM tamers, but i dont bother taming drakes anymore.

How is it harder to train a tamer if the prices are reduced? It would be harder if the price stays the same and they reduce the amount of drakes instead :)
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Dargon wrote:
Bestia Domare wrote:yeah gheals are the main thing, and they arent cheap. Imagine healing yourself without bandies while being surrounded by drakes. If you want to be done in a reasonable time, potions will be used a lot.

How is it harder to train a tamer if the prices are reduced? It would be harder if the price stays the same and they reduce the amount of drakes instead :)
its harder because they wont have money to buy a house/heals/gear. Luckily i have a friend that has a tailor and mage.. so i got an easy route with my training.
If people are paying 450 for taming books, its not because of taming drakes.
I wouldnt pay more than 100k
The only reason i have spent a lot recently is because im forced to with cidels high bids and im only a couple books away from GM so i bite the bullet. I am probably the most active hunting tamer. so i get moneys from hunting too
I cant speak for cidel but i doubt he gets his money from taming.. before he was bidding i was getting my books for 60-80k.

like i said, i dont bother with drakes so this doesnt affect me. Just throwing out my observations
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

No, because you should adjust the spawns, not the price(s).

Clearly the main problem is Destard. Add normal spawning timers to the pit of doom and/or reduce the amount of spawns.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:No, because you should adjust the spawns, not the price(s).

Clearly the main problem is Destard. Add normal spawning timers to the pit of doom and/or reduce the amount of spawns.
i agree with cirius. if theres issues with the price, its not outside of destard. I never stepped foot in destard for training since it was so far from towns so all my previous statements are based on jhelom/hunting.
after talking with dargon he put his emphasis on destard as well. If there is a problem, its with destard, maybe swap a bunch of drakes in there with something else thats not tameable but similar difficulty?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
give this guy a cookie

he seems to know a lot, just like boris used to

on a serious note, the drakes do spawn a lot there

and i don't have a tamer, but if even jorgen says they make shitloads of money by taming drakes, he must know. a 110 tamer will probably tame them quite easily, even if he needs a gater, etc. they can literally shit money out of their asses by selling to vendor! it's like imagining a vendor that would properly buy gheals. to get 140k profit from gheals i need to have a constant market (doesn't exist) and waste more than 3 full hours
Terestris

Post by Terestris »

Totally agree with everything, what said Bestia. I have a master tamer on halfway to being a GM .

120,000 gold in less then 14 minutes is absolute nonsense. I should to tame 30 drakes in less then 14 minutes? Perhaps only in Destard, but this is such a dangerous place, where almost do not go, because I do not dare to go there alone. In a pair could it possibly lead to a profit, but then divide the profit between partners, which means that you do not gain 120k, but only 60k (and not for 14 mins), also lose resources - tamer g.heals and partner resources for healing, so it is not that tamers don´t need any resources. Moreover, it is not that tamer can go to Destard only for drakes, because there is a lot of hardest creatures that make it difficult for taming drakes (I'm still only master, so the dragon is quite a problem for me without clothes).

You say that I want money? Yes, and who does not? A truth is, that I realy tame drakes only for money, because they don´t give me much gain, but they are basically my only income, and definitely can not afford to spent 300k or more for master books, I am not so rich. It can afford perhaps who is sponsored by the guild, but then the money comes from the guild and not from taming drakes. Or, maybe can afford it older tamer, who accumulated lot of money during years. But this problem is not only about the tamers. In our shard is a lot of rich players, it is not only tamers, so I don´t understand why focus only on lowering price of drakes. I think it's adequate amount now for taking that risk during this.

Terestris, Lady Tamer from Trinsic
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I was gonna vote yes but then I remembered that whenever I see a tamer in Destard, that "gold farming spot for tamers", I never saw a tamer alone, always with someone else- so the profit is split usually 50/50 from there on. The other thing people haven't taken into account is the risk factor, gheal consumption, general annoyance, and that the drake spawn from what I've been told, has been reduced significantly so even if the drake prices were reduced, tamers have already taken a bit of a hit...

Taming drakes isn't exactly AFK-able either, especially considering the other classes out there that enjoy AFK-able merchanting and have a perpetual demand/requirement of their products (i.e. alchemists, which appear to be increasing in number).
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

I agree with Cirius, the spawn rate at jhelom is fine, it's destard that's causing the problem.