Remove solitude.

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Remove solitude

Poll ended at Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Yes!
71%
Hell no !
29%

Total votes: 55

Cirius Do'Brim

Re: Remove solitude.

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Simmo wrote: False. Ive been instakilled by solitude with my 0 MCs, every single goddamn time.
If anyone wonders how you can be red with 0MCs then ask a staff member.
MC's aren't the only factor. Besides MC's, it depends on how close you're to the altar and how much piety the caster has.

So as mentioned in the first post; a) remove MC multiplier and if that isn't enough b) cap the piety at x.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Bah-jeezus. Just remove the MC multiplier and start from there.

If that doesn't do it, start toggling how piety affects the damage, i.e. capping it at 40.
30 piety imp priest near the runekeep was able to instakill a warrior so thats atleast 170 damage.
May aswell not waste your time scripting that change, as imperials will not attack britain and laws will not attack moonglow so it will have no real positive effect at all on the current situation and there will be yet another one of these topics.

Its sad to see people waiting around macroing on the UOAM for pvp or something exciting to happen (probably on both sides?) yet no-one is willing to address the problem that is causing it.

If solitude is used for defending temples - what about making it only work within 100 tiles of the altar?
Prince

Post by Prince »

Its sad to see people waiting around macroing on the UOAM for pvp or something exciting to happen (probably on both sides?) yet no-one is willing to address the problem that is causing it.
yup.

100%agree with athan. Britain and Glow are just to hard to invade at this point
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Being able to invade Britain would give people a spectacle :P
I whine, therefore I am
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Athan01 wrote:30 piety imp priest near the runekeep was able to instakill a warrior so thats atleast 170 damage.
Imperial Solitude works differently and most likely has more punch.

Fine-tuning an existing script isn't a waste of time. Even I could do the changes listed above in 5 seconds. Completely removing or disabling a script, now that's a waste.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Remove Solitude so Telborea can conquer the capital.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Athan01 wrote:If solitude is used for defending temples - what about making it only work within 100 tiles of the altar?
doesn't sound that bad

like i said before, imo some of these OP rites should stay when it comes to RP reasons. so this sounds like a good compromise, if everyone agrees.

perhaps the effect should work for the capital, but if not, then the temple.

yes, make it instakill there, it should be hard enough to corrupt a temple. like, harder than sieging a town. it should be one of 4 most powerful places on the shard. so it should be harder than anything else a religion can try to do
but the consequences of succeeding should be great aswell
Ares

Post by Ares »

I think the 100 tiles idea could work.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Ares wrote:I think the 100 tiles idea could work.
Let's not make it less effective, giving more grief. That's a double sided coin, lessen it, more attacks on the city with less worry. Which is just like the fear standing currently as removing it completely from Britain makes it a battle ground.

Just replace it with a universal rite where Imperial can actually leave an island and guard zone for PvP. And to protect the 75% of the shard's cities they have earned and "protecting" through RP.
632-140-419
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Vaux27 wrote:
Ares wrote:I think the 100 tiles idea could work.
Which is just like the fear standing currently as removing it completely from Britain makes it a battle ground.
What fear of removing it would this be? Atleast a couple of the ones in law were more than willing to agree to a truce of not using it for a while although it goes without saying i'm not speaking for the religion

Those with the phear speak now or forever hold your peace.